• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Exact measurements in online tailoring web pages

Vasa

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have bought two suits online from two well known online tailoring shops. During the ordering, these two shops have a measurements systems that estimate my measures almost exactly as they are based on height and weight. And I am wondering how they do it? How they estimated my measures only by height and weight?

Is it because they have so many clients that they can guess with high probability or is there some tables of formula that calculate it for them?

Thanks in advance for your inside!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vasa
Hey All,

I have bought two suits online from two well known online tailoring shops. During the ordering, these two shops have a measurements systems that estimate my measures almost exactly as they are based on height and weight. And I am wondering how they do it? How they estimated my measures only by height and weight?

Is it because they have so many clients that they can guess with high probability or is there some tables of formula that calculate it for them?

Thanks in advance for your inside!

Bad idea!

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vasa

Stock measurements based on the typical/target customer. Same way they make ready-to-wear suits. Apparently, you have measurements very near average.

Vasa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Which online tailors did you use?

I don't want to do add here, but those two tailor shops are Indoch... and Tailor4l.... .

Originally Posted by ter1413
Bad idea!

Not so bad, it is better then buy from the reck, and it is chaper and look better, especially for every day work.

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Badly.

Yes.

Do you know the formula?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the US Army and the university of North carolina did extensive research on height weight
they developed a measurement program based on this information in addition to various questions about body type.
I believe Lands end uses the program wiith postitive results.
not sure if these other companies are using this program

tinkle60

Reaction score
Marks and Spencers uses height, weight and age to determine the measurements for their MTM shirts.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.