Ex Owes Me Money...

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Autoclave, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Schnurretiger

Schnurretiger Senior member

Write her name and phone number on the walls of men's rest rooms every chance you get.
    [​IMG]

And put a "ready, willing and waiting" there, too.

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The ex owes me approximately $1200 that I loaned her in the middle of the summer to pay for rent, etc. She has the money, but just refuses to give it to me. We're barely on speaking terms.

A few tidbits about ex:
    1. She's borderline
    2. She's a compulsive liar
    3. I walked in on her sleeping with another guy

#1 is probably apparent to anyone who talks to her for more than 5 minutes. I wasn't aware of #2 until after I loaned her money. #3 is sad, true, and totally irrelevant.

So tell me SF, any suggestions for getting this money back or is it a lost cause? I'm broke right now so any help is appreciated. [​IMG]

If you really need the money, take her to small claims court. If you don't (as in not getting it back would not harm your life in any way) then let the lying, cheating, thief keep it.

Let that be a lesson to all of you, never lend more money then you are willing to never see again. No matter who it is. It is never fun having to hunt people down for the money they owe you. It makes more sense to lend a certain amount (whether it's $2000, $200, or $20) and let the borrower live up to their word of paying you within a certain time. Then you have the peace of mind in knowing that if they come good with their obligation you are dealing with a trust worthy, reliable person. If they don't then you know never to lend money to them again (and their word is not their bond).

3. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

take material goods of equal value of the sum plus the cost of your time energy to take the said goods.

4. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Senior member

ok, am I the only one wondering if he loaned the money before or after he caught her cheating?

some advice:

1) fuck some one close to her (friend, mom, sister, etc)

2) post her number on craig's list for sexual encounters. use her work, home, mom's, sister's, brother's etc numbers

3) call her employer and inquire about her "extracurricular" activities. Really ask probing questions about her behaviors, quirks, etc. Since you dated her, you know what makes her tick, as do her peers and supervisor(s). Make them suspect she is being investigated

4) order dyke magz in her name and have them go to her job

5) create a webpage and use her name so much that the google results move it to the top of the list.

6) jack her car up

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

This sort of shit pisses me off. I lent an gf a cashmere sweater one night when it was cold, and after I broke-up with her, I never got it back. I contacted her a few times for it, but was never able to get her off her ass to get it back to me, and then she moved to the Middle-East.

6. randallr

randallr Senior member

This is a case that only Judge Judy can solve.

7. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

The only thing worth lending a woman is Admiral Johnson. Everything else you give her can be considered gone by the time it's over.

8. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Dude if you lent her money after finding out she cheated on you then this is a case of "fool me once, fool me twice...".

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

As I said before, NEVER lend things you wouldn't mind not seeing again. In cases of emergencies, be sure to get it back before you start breaking things off. If it means you bite your tongue and ride it out until you get your (money, jacket, sweat, car) back do it. Otherwise say good bye to the item.

10. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

Seriously, Posting her naked pics online would be the best way to get even.

Addend

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Money is gone and so is the girl, keep it that way.

12. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Call her, record conversation, have her admit and say all relevent things, and take said recording to small claims court.

Check state laws on recording laws beforehand.

13. dl20

dl20 Senior member

1. She's borderline

If she has a true borderline personality, and you want to screw with her, never make contact with her again. Shes holding onto the cash to retain some sort of attachment to you. Severing all communication will trigger her fear of abandonment, the thing she fears most.

dl

14. West24

West24 Senior member

If she has a true borderline personality, and you want to screw with her, never make contact with her again. Shes holding onto the cash to retain some sort of attachment to you. Severing all communication will trigger her fear of abandonment, the thing she fears most.

dl

thanks dr phil

15. Matt

Matt [email protected]

dl

so...how do we use her fear of abandonment to pay his credit card?