• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ex from 2 years ago just IMed me

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am still baffled by this. My ex from 2 years ago (I was a sophomore, she was a senior) just IMed me out of the blue saying, essentially, "you don't want to talk to me?" I'm still trying to figure out why exactly she decided to do this, we stopped dating but continued talking for a while, until I decided I just couldn't do it anymore. It's a bit questionable considering I sent her an email not too long ago saying I no longer wanted to talk.

Hopefully I did the right thing by not responding? Thoughts on this?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I won't say questionable just odd that clearly it's still on her mind after all this time. Pat yourself on the back that a college sophomore (I take you're a high school senior now?) still has her mind on you.

I think not responding may have been a mistake since it doesn't provide any closure. YOu maybe could've said, "yeah I don't really want to talk because {entre excuse}" then find someway to end things there even if you have to be a larger dick than you would like to be.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I am still baffled by this. My ex from 2 years ago (I was a sophomore, she was a senior) just IMed me out of the blue saying, essentially, "you don't want to talk to me?" I'm still trying to figure out why exactly she decided to do this, we stopped dating but continued talking for a while, until I decided I just couldn't do it anymore. It's a bit questionable considering I sent her an email not too long ago saying I no longer wanted to talk.

Hopefully I did the right thing by not responding? Thoughts on this?

I'd say you did the right thing, you stopped dating and moved past it, no real reason to get back into it with her. To start things back up is most likely just going to lead to some kind of drama.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I won't say questionable just odd that clearly it's still on her mind after all this time. Pat yourself on the back that a college sophomore (I take you're a high school senior now?) still has her mind on you.

I think not responding may have been a mistake since it doesn't provide any closure. YOu maybe could've said, "yeah I don't really want to talk because {entre excuse}" then find someway to end things there even if you have to be a larger dick than you would like to be.

Well I ignored her the first time, and she just IMed me again. Since I don't want to be putting up with this shit all night I'm pretty much just saying what I feel at the moment without being too much of a dick

There's no way I'm starting things up again, I quite frankly just don't want to hear from her anymore.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Well if she's talking to you, you may as well meet her, bone her, and THEN ignore her.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing both times. IMHO, if you're not dating then there shouldn't be any talking. Plain and simple. She obviously wanted something when she IM'ed you.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Run Forrest, Run!

Seriously, you sound past it. Stay past it.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The beacon of hope in this conversation is that no matter what I say or do, and no matter how terrible this conversation turns out, I am still better off than Teh Conneboi.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
The beacon of hope in this conversation is that no matter what I say or do, and no matter how terrible this conversation turns out, I am still better off than Teh Conneboi.

By not boning this biotch who wants you to be balls deep (I assume) you are committing a Connesque sin.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell her that since you aren't having sex with her, there is no reason to talk. Once she comes over and has sex with you, THEN AND ONLY THEN can you talk again. NOT BEFORE.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dear jetblast,
it has been months since we last spoke. i fear things have been going down hill for me. how are they for you? i always loved your room and how it looks like the cockpit of an airplane. oh woas me.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
dear jetblast,
it has been months since we last spoke. i fear things have been going down hill for me. how are they for you? i always loved your room and how it looks like the cockpit of an airplane. oh woas me.

Do not diss the airplane mural, in my pants.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would it kill you to keep things platonic with this girl?

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Would it kill you to keep things platonic with this girl?

kindly, shut the fuck up.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%