• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ewww blood in my beef

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I broiled a piece of flank last night to med rare. After resting it I started slicing and came across what appeared to be a small vein or pocket of blood which was still liquid. I frequently eat steaks rare, so thats not the issue, but the sight of dark liquid blood seeping out of slices of steak are not exactly appetizing and not something that I want to put down in front of diners. This was not just pink meat juice we are talking about, but rather an isolated pocket of dark blood.

Anyone else had this happen / know why? I've never seen it before, and I cook a hell of a lot of meat. Maybe its just something that happens in flank?

K

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it a clot?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me, but then, I've been known to consume large quantities of blood sausage. It kind of bothers me that good blood sausage isn't readily available to me except when I'm outside the US.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've got worms in your wellington?

I've never had anything but the pink juice (a million connotation on that one), but think cutting open a blood clot would make me not want the rest of the steak, or anything else for a few hours. Unless it was presented as a regular thing, then I might continue.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Was it a clot?

I dont know. I would think that a clot would be solid right? This was actually liquid, like a small poket or vein. I was slicing the steak against the grain, and it only lasted about 3 or so thin slices.

I dont have a big issue with blood. I know its flesh that we are eating, and I sometimes eat blood sausage... But it was a bit surprising and doesnt do much for the presentation...

K

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen this from time to time. From what I understand, it's just a pocket of blood clot in the veins. When I see this, and the rest of the beef is properly cooked, I just wipe it off with a paper towel to make it look more appetizing. Otherwise, I don't treat the meat any differently.

BTW, I thought you were having problems with your member from reading the title.

calbeee

Reaction score
Ya it's happened to me before, probably just a blood clot like everyone else...lol...just wipe or cut that part out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads