• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everything but denim

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tons of unknown brands on yoox you can get some slim trousers...
currently I am wearing some by some random brand: metrico... very slim, cost me under $75, construction feels really solid...

yoox is my go to

Dion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I'm going to try and pick up a pair of Jil trousers each season. I absolutely love the stretch ones. Fabric is great, fit is great (they are slim with a 19cm leg opening). Price... not so great. I only have burgundy pair right now though.

Raf does some too, but his pants are even slimmer (a bit too slim in the thigh for me) in my experience. Raf x Fred Perry had nice trousers last season.

Margiela also does really nice trousers and has a few different cuts.

Haha, that's pretty much every brand that I beast over. Burberry trousers look really nice this season too.

Can you put up some pictures of the Jil pants? How much do they run for?

I've heard a lot of good stuff about them and I am kind of interested in getting a pair now.

8bpc

Reaction score
I've been meaning to post a topic like this so thanks!

I have some of the JCrew classic fit. They have a decent slim leg, but my complaint would be the top block. I wouldn't mind if it were a bit more slim. I will probably pick up some more unless I can find something better for the price.

8bpc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
I only wear slim trousers, here are the brands that are in my closet thus far:

Incotex
Helmut Lang vintage
Uniqlo
Hickeystyle
Zegna

All the above have hems around 7 inches and are very slim through the leg, just the way I like it.

What slim trousers do you wear from Hickeystyle? What is the sizing like?

8bpc

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit and quality of topman slim trousers? Do they fit true to your actual waist measure?
Edit: I just noticed that some of the topman slim trousers have a high % Polyester, not sure I'm that interested anymore.

I'm looking a pair of black as well as grey slim trousers - good quality for a decent price.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
What slim trousers do you wear from Hickeystyle? What is the sizing like?
I got them back in 2007 so I doubt they have these anymore, they're super slim though with low rise, on par with my incotex chino fit-wise but much softer fabric. They have curtained waistband with side tabs, no belt loops, very sleek indeed.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of RRL officer chinos
I picked up a pair of these from B&S - I like them for what they are, but I wouldn't describe them as slim at all. Definitely more of a full cut than even my J. Crew regular cuts.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I know it's hard to believe guys, but, denim is not appropriate for all occasions. Don't get me wrong, I love my jeans as much as the next guy but there is more out there. So let's discuss it.

I am currently looking for a slim pair of pants that I can wear casually and in a situation where jeans might not be acceptable.

Can anyone provide me with some insight or point me in the direction of some brands that are doing this right?

I... I don't understand the topic.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when I'm not wearing denim I have 3 other options:

national anthem chinos
mjolk ted trousers
pjs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics