Everyday Carry (Picture Edition)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tomorrowstars, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Renton

Renton Senior member

[​IMG] Looks like another pro-gun v anti-gun argument, the same talking points get trotted out by both sides.

Fwiw, I've got my permit but I rarely exercise the privilege. My gun mostly stays in the center console of my car.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I like how Uncontrol is fine with carrying, as long as the gun is a small one, ie- not offensive looking.
    It's more like "I'm not fine with carrying, but if you insist can you at least keep it to one gun and stop pretending to be a fucking action hero?"
    people being shot to death tends to rub us the wrong way, and the fact that america has such liberal gun laws eases the proliferation of firearms to people who may not be able to lawfully require them

3. G0079

G0079 Senior member

It's legal to walk around with a shotgun in your bag in Canada, as long as the ammunition is in your pocket, and not in the gun...[​IMG]

4. Boognish

Boognish Well-Known Member

It's more like "I'm not fine with carrying, but if you insist can you at least keep it to one gun and stop pretending to be a fucking action hero?"

people being shot to death tends to rub us the wrong way, and the fact that america has such liberal gun laws eases the proliferation of firearms to people who may not be able to lawfully require them

Again, how am I affecting you by being armed?

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Again, how am I affecting you by being armed?
    you're right. people should only care about issues that affect them directly anyway whatever this is exasperating, i won't interrupt your NRA meeting anymore

6. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

To diffuse the situation a bit, here's my EDC Top to bottom, left to right: Keys (with Giant Eagle card so I won't lose it and a bottle/can opener) SOG Vulcan iPhone headset wallet iPhone 4 Shure SE530

7. Boognish

Boognish Well-Known Member

you're right. people should only care about issues that affect them directly

anyway whatever this is exasperating, i won't interrupt your NRA meeting anymore

Ok, how is me being armed affect society as a whole?

It doesn't, so get back to playing dress-up.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

anyway whatever this is exasperating, i won't interrupt your NRA meeting anymore

this is absolutely absurd

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

I don't know if you're actually reading my posts, but I will be very clear: I don't care how qualified you are. I don't care how many firearm classes you taught. I think it's irrelevant. The only people in our society that have an explicit duty to carry guns are those we grant that privilege - police officers and soldiers. You have lots of "rights", but as a citizen you have almost no "duties" - a duty implies there's consequences for not performing that right. To imply otherwise is distorting the truth.
    What does this have to do with anything? How can you possibly frame this as a bad thing? Also, Teger's right. It doesn't matter how experienced you are. The USA has a higher firearm violence rate than any other "civilized" nation. It's because that US citizens have completely misconstrued the intentions of the second amendment and have continued to mindlessly abide by it without context that firearms are so ubiquitous in the US. In turn, they are easier to obtain and commit crimes with. Look at a country like Japan, with incredibly strict gun control laws, and almost NO firearm violence. I can almost understand people who carry a single, small gun like your mini revolver for self protection. I don't agree with it, but I can at least understand it on some level. But two? Two handguns? You would frame two handguns as a necessity for self protection? Come on.
    SIGH lol, @ miscontrued the second amendment. Yes, it was only for militias [​IMG] May I ask you why in Switzerland where they are forced to all have a rifle in their home there isn't this rampant crime committed by citizens? Seems like your japan example isn't good enough at explaining japans peacefulness. Not to mention that most gun crime isn't commited by people with permits, dummy. In fact the DC handgun ban didn't help to deter anything in this shithole it only made it worse, so glad that was reversed. for dumbfucks that think that only the police should have the guns since they are the holy patrons of the state there for our protection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_...ct_of_Columbia DC's highest court ruled that the police do not have a legal responsibility to provide personal protection to individuals, and absolved the police and the city of any liability. for the lulz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtquf...lated#t=02m16s fuck I hate liberals

10. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

To diffuse the situation a bit, here's my EDC

Top to bottom, left to right:
    Keys (with Giant Eagle card so I won't lose it and a bottle/can opener)
    SOG Vulcan
    iPhone headset
    wallet
    iPhone 4
    Shure SE530

2 headsets? thats like carrying 2 guns

11. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

2 headsets? thats like carrying 2 guns
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Once again Uncontrol I do not have to explain or otherwise justify anything to you. As long as I follow the laws concerning CCW it is not your concern. What is interesting to note is that you continue to insult people for no legitimate reason which is telling in and of itself.
    Who is us? What group has given you license to speak for them? You keep talking about things as if they are based in fact. It's common knowledge that you know absolutely nothing about firearms, the industry, legalities or any statistical evidence about firearms at all. At best you are driven by an inordinate fear that's been developed over the years by anti gunners and all you do is regurgitate what they've fed you. Try this one on for size Uncontrol. I would personally feel the safest living in a community where every resident was a lawful CCW holder who carried as many guns as they wanted than anywhere else on Earth. Mull that one over for a while Uncontrol. Do you know why I feel this way? I'll give you a hint. It's all about the numbers.

13. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

As a guy who could be robbed of his purse with ease by a pre-schooler, one would figure you of all people would support lawful means for people to defend themselves.

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. blynch

blynch Senior member

It may very well be true that stopping the sale of all firearms would eventually decrease the availablity and in turn the firearm related crime rate, but is the loss of freedom worth it?
    We should probably outlaw smoking and drinking while we are at it, those can also result in death.
    And then, maybe the government will change our diapers for us as well.

Whatever happened to, give me liberty or give me death?