• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane?

iBeezy

Reaction score
Has anyone signed up for Everlane (www.everlane.com)? I signed up for it a while back and got a few emails. Then they said they were revamping the site. Ever since then, I haven't heard anything.

Just wondering if anyone here has (1) heard of Everlane and, (2) if so, is it worth getting access?

Samir

Reaction score
I've had access since they opened up their shop (November 1st), and should actually have an order arrive soon. A lot of people signed up, so they're staggering access gradually over the next couple months.

The first items they sold were their combed cotton tees, which they'll always have for sale for $15. They started with black, white, grey, and coral - now they've added red and blue, and didn't restocking the coral after selling out. Seems like they're trying out new colors every few weeks.

The weekend before Thanksgiving, they started selling their first "limited" batch - ties (neck and bow). "Collections" like these will either be sold until they're out of stock or strictly for a one-month period, they haven't said specifically. They're all $35. I ordered the first and third below, but they have 6 other styles - floral patterns, plaid stuff, and simpler ones. Most are cotton (raw, Japanese, etc) - only one silk offering currently.

This past Friday, they started selling wooden iPhone covers - again, $15.

So yeah, they say they're aiming to cover the basics in good quality at affordable prices. They're only online, which they claim allows them to get a comparable product to customers at a much lower cost than other companies. Initially, they'll have limited quantities for each style - specific items that sell quickly, they'll bring back in greater stock. The San Francisco Chronicle covered their goals a little better in an article a couple weeks ago:

Holding an Everlane bow tie - they run just $35 and are part of November's limited-edition run - you'd swear it was from some capsule collection for Brooks Brothers at four times the price. I got an advance look at canvas dopp kits, typewriter-key cuff links (both forthcoming entries into the monthly limited-edition sales), and the basic T's ($15 each) that have launched Everlane's essentials line, and each punches well above its price tag in quality and construction. Preysman is quick to mention - off the record, naturally; he plays it close to the vest - the tony menswear brands that are made in the same factories as his goods and of comparable materials. His just happen to cost a third of the price. Which companies? As far as he'll go, through a Cheshire grin, is to say that the T's are made in Los Angeles and the ties just outside New York City.

I'll see how good the quality actually is when my order arrives in the next couple days, but at these prices, I figure it's worth a shot. In browsing their website, new items going on sale in the next couple months will probably be stuff like canvas backpacks, leather-bound notebooks, dopp kits, cuff links, etc. I've basically linked images to every item on their store here, and until you get access, you can always check out their Tumblr.

http://tumblr.everlane.com/

Last edited:

UrbanBard

Reaction score
Samir - thanks for the info. Looking forward to your thoughts on quality.

Samir

Reaction score
Grey v-neck tee and two ties arrived yesterday.

• The tee is soft, not super super soft, but well constructed. The collar was sitting a rigid upon opening the package, but after washing it settles on the neck fine.
  • The ties are both cotton, so if it's hard to compare the material against my own silk ties (only one of their ties currently on sale is silk). The necktie construction is very very tight though, definitely feels a lot sturdier than my similarly cheaply priced cheap ties from Calvin Klein, J Crew, etc. They're all 2.5", which is fine for me but might be a little too skinny for bigger guys. The bowtie is adjustable. The patterns of the two I ordered are pretty great.

I'll likely order more t-shirts, but I might size down on my next order to see if that's better for my pretty skinny frame, as far as the neck opening is concerned. I ordered the only ties with patterns that interested me, so if they roll out new options, I'll consider reordering. Especially silk ones, since their only silk offering right now is kinda ugly, imo.

New items in short supply up today: English wool scarves for $40. Also in camel.

Last edited:

Samir

Reaction score
FINALLY. These are the sort of products I've been waiting for them to offer:

Waxed canvas. Gingham interior. Seems like there's a laptop sleeve. Zippers, snaps, or clip closure (latter two have drawstring closures underneath). $50, they should go on sale in the next two weeks. Looks like they might offer long sleeve tees as well.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the tees are American Apparel most likely?

How about the ties? The Hillside?

Samir

Reaction score
If I had to guess on the shirts, American Apparel sounds right. I saw online that an employee apparently said their factory for the ties is used by Brooks Brothers.

I know Everlane picked their own fabrics for the ties so the products aren't exactly the same, but I'd assume that using the same same factories at least gives you similar quality construction. They've altered their fits for some things, so I imagine that's another variable.

Last edited:

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so the backpacks haven't dropped yet? i'm still waiting

Samir

Reaction score
I don't know why they're holding off on them because they're definitely the best products they have offered so far. It seems like they only intended for it to be for friends and family of employees, but they opened it up in December and I doubt many people read this thread, so here you go - I basically just guessed the link, haha.

https://www.everlane.com/collections/backpacks

Other new stuff up - denim neckties / bowties for $35 dollars in red and black for Valentine's Day, a new clay color for tees and the original colors now with pockets (still $15), and tote bags for $35 (also in red, white). I understand why they have them for girls, but I don't really see these selling quickly. The bowties sold out the first day, though.

I ordered another v-neck in XS instead of S, fits a lot better. They've now put up the model's measurements and what size he wears, which is really helpful - he wears a S and is decently bigger than me, I would've sized down if I knew that the first time.

My backpack also came in. The leather is obviously meh, but the canvas and interior is pretty fly for $50. The grey looks sick.

Last edited:

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help, on the fence between navy and grey now... i definitely don't want to buy both...

Samir

Reaction score
I think I might have gotten navy in a different design, but I really like the grey in the snap style. I've gotten so many compliments on it.

Belts, boxers, and sweaters on the way. They added free shipping for orders over $50, which is nice.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads