Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. heathenist

heathenist Active Member

I agree that the waist and sleeves on the Everlane shirts are a little loose for my liking, but otherwise I really like them. Also, I think the last batch (2-3 months back) of V-Necks had a deeper neck than I like, but when I spoke to the customer support they told me they'd be going back to a more subtle V.

2. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

This is the reason I have to part ways with Everlane, I really wanted to make them my go to & order three dozen shirts (I prefer to have nice V neck under shirts while wearing my suit). They don't give out actual sizes, if they do its strictly on a one off basis, & they make major changes at the drop of a hat with out letting the customers know. So if I order who knows if I'll get a tapered version, a deep or shallow V neck, or a longer/shorter length t-shirt.
    These shirts don't cost very much to make, why don't you make two different fit models and stick to them. There are a really good number of complaints on here about shirts not fitting the way people want/thought they would. Which is not caused by anything other then constant silent tweaks in the product runs.

3. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I wore a medium when I had a 42 inch chest, going up to the large would leave a lot of excess fabric in the waist.

27 inch chest? :paranoia:

I think you meant 37, right?

4. trum01

trum01 Senior member

I was scratching my head too about that ...

5. heathenist

heathenist Active Member

I agree, 2 different cuts, and stick to them for consistency. Offer a classic fit and a slim or athletic fit. And Everlane's whole thing is transparency in production, so if there are switches in factories or fits or whatever, it would be good for the customer to know.

However, after saying this, I will say customer service was great when I emailed them asking why the v-neck was a different cut.

6. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Nanyu, I emailed returns at everlane last thursday and never heard back. Are you guys backed up?

7. sleu

sleu Senior member

Yesss I would love to have a slim/athletic fit. Since there seems to be a lot of tall people maybe a taller/longer fit too (not part of that group)

8. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

We use a service called ZenDesk to route support emails and they misrouted a bunch of our emails. Our guys doubled back, but some of them were probably missed. Sorry about that - if you want to PM me with your issue, I can handle it here.

Yeah 37, oops :)

Hey, sorry to see you go. We will get more consistent as time goes on, and we will learn from our mistakes. I will pass your comments to the product team and let them know that consistency needs to be worked on. This is just the beginning for us so hopefully we'll have an opportunity to win you back in the future.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

The new shirts are just so short. Shorter than any shirt I have ever owned. Having it flare out at the waist makes it look so much worse. They are also slim in the chest making the shirt look defective.
    I know not all tees will work for everybody, but I don't see how these fit anyone.

10. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Agreed.

Even though lots of people here quite like the fit. My hunch is they just tolerate it. Because, let's face it, most t-shirt cuts are shit

11. iBsteve

iBsteve Member

I agree. I had someone proxy me an everlane order, and while I loved the belts, the pocket tees are a little too short for me. I'm 5'11 and got 2 small tees and I feel like if I raise my arms a little that my lower midriff will be exposed. That is really the only thing though. Love the feel of the pima cotton, love how the pocket sits a little lower than other pocket tees. I just wish there were an extra inch or two to the shirt. Hopefully this sort of thing will be sorted and I can't wait for canadian shipping in the fall!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

12. Chantastic

Chantastic Active Member

I'm 5'11", and their mediums after being washed got way too short. Definitely need to increase length or something.

13. Ecco

Ecco Senior member

Who would you say has a history of good cuts then? For me it's J Crew (older seasons) and sometimes Everlane. The newer Everlane shirts I've received deviate from the first batch I bought and end up as hang-arounds or under my scrubs at work.

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

bespoke, bespoke everything.

15. haresh

haresh Senior member

Some of the guys complained about the t-shirts being too short. That just might work for me as I always have the opposite problem. I'm a 38" chest, 30" waist and 5ft 6" tall. Will the new V-necks work for me ? Are the new V-necks too deep?