1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

i'm not even going to bother anymore.

looking good at the gym is ridiculous. just go to the gym do your workout and leave. you sound like the kind of guy who shows up in a matching tracksuit and trainers.

2. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Lol... this whole debate is ridiculous and I can't believe I jumped in. But anyway, no, I'm the kinda guy who wears Hanes t-shirts to the gym... like you suggested, and like I mentioned a couple pages back...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  3. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

So what is this hanes brand you speak of?

pleb. :plain:

1 person likes this.
  4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I don't suppose you guys would do a hot pink color option, something like the Dior Homme rose color?

[​IMG]

5. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

:slayer:

6. otc

otc Senior member

Honestly...people who wear synthetic shirts to the gym probably paid a lot more than $15 for them (especially of they are dri-fit or under armor pricey name brand stuff).

For running I usually just grab a shirt so long as it is not one of my favorite t's (since I would like to wear those for more than 30 minutes). Sometimes its a hanes undershirt but sometimes it is whatever I have on or whatever is on the top of the shelf. If I get some more everlane shirts and as they get older, they will probably be ran in as well.

For cycling, I wear jerseys...and they all cost way more than $15. Still think it is weird to order everlane shirts just for the gym though...shouldn't gym shirts just be the shirts that are nearing the end of their rotation (unless you are going with technical fabrics)?

7. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

[​IMG]

and risk not looking fresh at the smoothie bar after? no dice bro.

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

restock in ties coming soon nan?

9. punipenor

punipenor New Member

Dang, I guess I got unlucky. My peach watercolor vneck tee has a tiny hole on the back of the shirt. I haven't even washed it yet.
    Is it possible to sew up holes in shirts without making it being noticeable? (DIY kind of thing.)
    I'm a tad bit afraid to throw it in the machine in case the hole gets bigger. :|

But otherwise... the shirt fits very well on me. Too bad for the hole!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  10. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

lol, you seem like a cool e-bro :slayer::slayer::slayer:

I dont like running in cotton, the shirt sticks and sags with my sweat. But I definitely do not buy anything expensive for the gym anymore, I try to use the "free" running shirts I continue to acquire at events.

I don't wear undershirts anymore so my hanes days are over, and I don't miss it one bit. :)

11. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

[​IMG]

We'll have fall solids as well.

Usually just a couple of days, if you are having issues, PM me your order nuber and I will check it out.

Not for a while, we are trying to ship to Canada this year, but that's all for the moment.

Yeah, that guy went really fast, but luckily, we saw it fly off the shelves back during the pre-release, so we started production on more right away - expect a restock on that color in early September.

I think Styleforum is going to be like that - people here are picky, but that's what makes SF, SF. Our feeling is, if you do your best to satisfy the most demanding customers, you are doing the right thing.

Kyle has been working really hard, so she is currently on a much deserved vacation. I'll pass your compliments right on.

We have a bunch of Liberty cloth ties sitting in the warehouse, I don't know when we'll drop them, but I would imagine soon.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  12. trum01

trum01 Senior member

Holes again! I can't figure it if this is a genuine widespread issue or random one offs.

Perhaps Nan can tell us if he is seeing a lot of returns from the general public on account of holes?

13. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

probably mentioned already, but these are dropping in September?

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I have had the problem as well, Nan is good about rectifying.

I wish they would reinforce the collars on the v-necks.

Anyone else had the collar stretch significantly on them?

I still believe and recommend the company :) these are just flaws that I expect any company would encounter.

15. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

:slayer:

16. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I meant to write this up sooner, but I just never got around to doing it. In any case, here is my Everlane ordering experience:

Back near the end of June, I put in an order for 4 t's. I knew that they were pre-orders, so I figured that they'd take a bit of time to ship, but I didn't realize that they would eventually take about a month and a half to arrive at my door.

As I watched the dates for the t-shirt shipments (visible on the page for ordering each t-shirt—"Pre-order; will ship by X date") roll back, I got a bit frustrated that no attempt was made, on the part of the Everlane team, to communicate the reason behind the continued delay on the t-shirt orders.

Eventually I sent an email to the support team (as well as a PM to Nan) just to see when the shirts might ship. The responses were really quick (I got them maybe a day after I sent them), but they were also a bit vague at first. I don't think the Everlane team anticipated these delays, nor I did it seem that they knew how to respond to customer inquiries regarding the delays.

Kyle was really helpful in that he responded quickly to my concerns, but it wasn't until Jonathan replied that I found out exactly how everything was being handled. Some manufacturing error led to delays,so pre-orders were, as a consequence, rolled back.

Now, this all would have been a strictly frustrating experience if it weren't for the fact that Everlane was quick in their response to my concerns, that they offered a $15 credit as a sort of "compensation" for the extended delays, and that the product they delivered really was what I wanted.

I'd hope that if something happens again in the future—something along the lines of manufacturing mishaps, or what-have-you—that the Everlane team is a bit more proactive in their approach (i.e. alerting customers to expect delays, giving some brief explanation, making up for the delay) before the customer wait a month to get an idea of what is going on; but nonetheless what could have been a really negative experience was resolved into a fairly positive one. I'll definitely use that $15 credit, as well as make future purchases from Everlane.

17. sleu

sleu Senior member

Is everyone's invite rewards different? I compared mine with a friend:

Invite 1
    Me: sneak peek now
    Friend: secret shop

Invite 10:
    Me: n/a
    Friend: Free tee

Invite 15:
    Me: Free tee
    Friend: n/a

Invite 20:
    Friend: $40 credit

Invite 25:
    Me: $25 credit
    Friend: n/a

Invite 35:
    Friend: Free shipping for life

Invite: 50
    Me: Free shipping for life
    Friend: Insider access

Just curious about this. I recommend my friends either way. Especially the backpack, my friends want the backpacks :D

18. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

you managed to spam 50 people and get them to sign up. Impressive.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  19. iBsteve

iBsteve Member

Nan, will the cashmere stuff be available in October?

20. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

$40 credit?!?

I think my rewards were the same as yours if I recall correctly