Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Wouldn't that be the shoulder strap then? Is the leather on the weekender the same as on the totes?

2. trum01

trum01 Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by omgcookielol <a hre

3. trum01

trum01 Senior member

This is no longer true. The Italian parliament passed the Reguzzoni-Versace Law in 2010, which states that all item carrying the "made in italy' label must have met stringent conditions. Just doing the finishing in Italy is not enough.

http://www.italymag.co.uk/italy/business/made-italy-law-tightened

4. Edsal17

Edsal17 Well-Known Member

Is anyone still waiting on their order? I placed mine on the 25th and my order has been listed as "ready waiting to ship" since the 27th.

d

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

im prety sure everything has been put on hold while they were at the pop shop

6. Edsal17

Edsal17 Well-Known Member

I was hopping to have it before my trip next Monday. Fingers crossed.

7. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

pardon me if i'm reading the italymag article wrong, but the law doesn't seem to address the whole "chinese immigrants working for cheap in italian factories" part, except for that the factory must meet "certain standards" which is pretty vague

8. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

Yup... I actually ordered mine with a bunch of other things (t-shirts, Belts, Totes) in the pre-sale period, and still haven't received it yet.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Did you buy other stuff too? The tees were on pre-order so thats why they didn't ship my bag out yet.

10. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Hey Everyone - This was a crazy weekend. We just finished tearing down the popup in NYC and I am on a plane on my way back to San Francisco.
    Thanks to everyone who came by and said hi, the turnout was really fantastic and it was great meeting everyone.

I am answering all backed up PMs and I will respond to all questions in the thread a little later. Stay tuned.

11. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

Ive been told the pre-orders are not holding up the other shipments. My weekender shipped today and I ordered a few tees too.

12. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

MEGA REPLY - sorry if I didn't reply to your individual comment. I tried to get a good representative sample.

You don't have to make a purchase - just PM me you Everlane account email and I will shoot you over some store credit.

Yes! We had them available at the popup, and the official launch will happen in August. I will create a collection specifically for styleforum that I will release here later this week or early next week.

I agree that snap is the best looking, zip turned out to be the most practical, clip sold the slowest, so that's what all our team members were given :)

They should ship immediately. If your hasn't shipped, PM me your order number and I will look into it.

We made a lot. We were shooting for the NYT and GQ features, so we had to make a lot of units to anticipate demand.

It's there - like I mentioned in an earlier post, it's very streamlined, so it's almost unnoticeable.

New features in the backpacks:

- better waxed canvas material
    - more reinforced stitching on the straps, we had a couple of strap blowouts in QA, so we added extra stitching.
    - higher quality liner
    - padded laptop sleeve
    - more leather details
    - water bottle pocket

All in all, our cost went up by about $10 on average. The snap pack costs us more than the zip pack, so we priced it $5 higher.

I'll send the message to our product team

PM me your order number and I will see what I can do for you.

If anyone has an order that's taking a while to ship, PM me and I will look into it.

13. jadough

jadough Senior member

Thanks. Looking forward to a new backpack. I for one am happy it has a laptop sleeve as I need to carry one all day. The snap and clip bags have a draw string beneath the strap correct?

14. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

yes looking forward to the backpacks as well. Put it on my wishlist but it doesnt seem like the wishlist worked for the tshirts. Just wanna make sure I don't miss out on the backpacks.

15. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Ah. I forgot about that law - but it only requires that two stages of production to take place in Italy. It doesn't seem to address non-sweatshop factories with immigrant workers that will continue to legally use the 'Made in Italy' label. I also have doubts about how this is enforced, since corruption and organized crime is reportedly a big deal in Italy. The only way that I think a conscious consumer can make an informed decision on the quality before handling a product is by knowing which factories were involved in its production. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/business/global/01italy.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all There are artisans, skilled workers, and good factories in China. I don't feel comfortable with relying on a tag as any indicator of quality. I think that it has been previously pointed out on this forum that manufacturing in China isn't necessarily as bad as it once was, and that some factories have caught up to par.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012