• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. The cut and material are perfect, but way too thin, and there's an awkward sizing gap between S and M.

Well for me the thickness is perfect. I want a thin summer tee that is soft and drapes, not a thick shirt.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alt Ap's cut is quite far from perfect, As Shortbread said, small is way too small and medium is way too medium. There is no middle ground for us in betweener folk.

J-Crew's slim fit tees, on the other hand, have a great cut (broken record alert).

And what's with the desire for thick tees? I thought that's what sweaters were for.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FYI, the tees do stretch without any problems yet.

Mine have been in 5+ washes and dryers

Post-wash though the arms hug my biceps like crazy and i am not even buff

Ketawa

Reaction score
Really looking forward to L crews being back in stock. I picked up two L 2001 American Apparel tees at wholesale prices and the sizing on them is just wildly inconsistent after a wash/dry. One is 21" p2p and 28" back length from top of collar to bottom, while the other is unwearable at 23" p2p and 26.5" back length, and neither has any taper. It's probably because of the machine dry, but I'm not about to start hanging my tees in my apartment to dry.

Reaction score
Got in today, picked up a few t's we'll see how they turn out. At 6'1 I hope they're long enough (I know previous poster had issues at 6'4)

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Oh man, "grabby" is def a good way to describe how these fit. But they don't cling nearly as much as, say American Apparel, and the fabric is really nice and helps with that comfort factor. And, since other folks here seem to be having better experiences with the fit than I did (or just have different expectations for how tees should fit), you should at least try it.

They are kinda grabby. After wearing mine out for a day, it seems less flattering than I'd like it - not sure why.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i do son!! maybe that's why :eek:

but honestly, if you sized true, the tees should fit pretty well with a nice drape.

it really does stretch enough to fit your body. fwiw, i just wear mine as undershirts, which i take everyone in here do not and looking for that perfect fitted tee to be worn with a cardi/jacket/leather etc.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding USPS it's definitely faster but the tracking is iffy and they don't have a good business setup. If you want to scale, you can't be using USPS. Epaulet uses USPS and I've had a few issues on USPS end in a limited set of orders. Mike always fixes issues quickly but if Everlane is reaching the Kleiner Perkins standards, they can't stick with USPS

datniche

Reaction score
I'm extremely picky about how shirts fit and I've been looking for the perfect tshirts...

I was excited until I read "softest cotton we could find." Why does everyone want shirts that are so soft and sloppy? I've been searching and searching for nice thick tshirts that fit right. I also hate shirts that to get the right fit in the shoulders they're a dress at the waist...

I'm guessing these aren't what I've been hoping to find? Anyone who has some should post fit pics.

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm extremely picky about how shirts fit and I've been looking for the perfect tshirts...

I was excited until I read "softest cotton we could find." Why does everyone want shirts that are so soft and sloppy? I've been searching and searching for nice thick tshirts that fit right. I also hate shirts that to get the right fit in the shoulders they're a dress at the waist...

I'm guessing these aren't what I've been hoping to find? Anyone who has some should post fit pics.

Look through the thread bro, there's plenty of fit pics. Mine don't fit sloppy at all. And again I don't know why people want thick t-shirts unless you are into that workwear steez

Kross

Reaction score
I just want something I can pop on to do some quick chores and not reveal my nips to the world.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I want to tell you that these shirts are not for you then.

But they stretch :)

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How long are the v-neck tees in a medium? Would you say they are tts or cut a little long?

Got in today, picked up a few t's we'll see how they turn out. At 6'1 I hope they're long enough (I know previous poster had issues at 6'4)

Our shirts are cut just slightly on the long side. I am 6ft even and I wear a small with no problems

Let's get those Vs deeper!

Please don't lol

I think we are coming down on the side of *don't* for men's deep Vs, at least for right now. We have some former AA people working for us and they have mentioned it a few times.

The backpacks look so good. I guess I could have bought all 3 of the colorways and still have $100 if I hadn't gone with Makr and whent Everlane instead..

Yeah those backpacks look fantastic. I wish I could come up with a reason to buy one.

Buy some bricks. Carry them around for excercise in an Everlane backpack. See, I'm a problem solver :slayer:

I get emails from Everlane about new product announcements, so I'm not sure what the issue is that would cause purchasing or shipping confirmations to not show up.

Thanks Samir, it sounds like it was a website bug.

Regarding USPS it's definitely faster but the tracking is iffy and they don't have a good business setup. If you want to scale, you can't be using USPS. Epaulet uses USPS and I've had a few issues on USPS end in a limited set of orders. Mike always fixes issues quickly but if Everlane is reaching the Kleiner Perkins standards, they can't stick with USPS

Mike is a great guy.
KP is a great firm.

That's all I got on the subject.

I just want something I can pop on to do some quick chores and not reveal my nips to the world.

Be proud of your nips. The world needs more man-nips.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had to get two shirts and a backpack, backpack is way too dope for $50 and I can already tell it's gonna be my main bag for awhile.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's good to hear they stretch. That would get rid of the only major gripe I had about the shirts, which is the "grabby" chest

But yeah, if Everlane could add about an inch to the chest or lower the armholes a little bit (not sure which to be honest), I'm sure the people who are currently happy with the fit will continue to be happy while those who found the chest constricting will no longer have that problem.

Also, FWIW, tees are about all I wear, so I'm insanely picky about the way mine fit.

edit: one last thing! For everyone with that "nipple" problem-- it's not a matter of thickness, it's a matter of fit. Just means the chest (once again lol) is tight

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads