Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

I didn't get the email about the weekender...I guess I'm not an insider

I got the free shirt on deck, $25 credit, and free shipping on orders...what more do you want from me??

2. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Damn! I placed three orders, I'm not an insider? :( Really stoked to get one of these bags.

3. 89andy

89andy Senior member

anyone else's t-shirts have trouble maintaining its shape? Most of mine has a stretched out V-neck by now after only a couple wears each (albeit I do sometimes workout wearing them so maybe the moisture is stretching them?) and wider body and overall looser. Should I dump mine in the dryer or something?

4. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

that's exactly whats happened to mine. I actually did throw it in the dryer and it only made the v worse. Some may like that hipster t shirt hang look, but not me. so bummed... i love the fabric. I thought maybe getting a crewneck would fix that, but alas, i'm worried the moisture will loosen the fabric up and make it wide/hang.

5. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

We are planning a 1.25 inch belt in the same style, only scaled up - I posted samples of the buckle some pages back.

I think on the 25th

You got PM

The shirts all have the same measurements. The reason the pocket tee feels tighter to some people is the extra fabric layer on the chest reduces the stretching. We are playing around with adding like a quarter inch to the chest to alleviate the issue, but the front pieces come from the same patterns.

There were 250 original insiders who were with us pre-launch back in October. We added 250 more for this weekender pre-launch (chosen at random from the top 1000 customers).

The pre-launch will have 2 of the 4 colors available limited to 500 total units, so the full launch will have more colors and inventory. We just wanted to give our return customers an early shot at it.

I wash and dry on low - I find that it's the best way to maintain. We use a very soft cotton for our t-shirts, so the care is a little delicate. We are looking into sourcing heavier cotton for men, but we want to retain that softness which differentiates us.

6. Kross

Kross Senior member

This is what Everlane needs. Please make this a top priority! lol

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

why am i not on that early bird list when i signed up like first day and got the 100+ views i.e. free shipping on my account? ??

8. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Damn, I got lucky then.

I don't find it a problem for the colored shirts and the white pocket-t doesn't show much nipple. The white vneck does, but I'm okay with people getting a peek.

9. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Some of the the faces behind the brand, here's the San Francisco team going to lunch today.

[​IMG]

From left to right:

Michael, the CEO
    Brian - systems engineer
    Nan (me) - tech lead
    Jeff - web designer / developer (he built the entire mobile site for Yelp, so you may have seen his handiwork)
    Vincent - wunderkind engineer generalist
    Rei - ruler of all things excel

This is most everybody - Edoardo, our designer is out of town right now. Vincent and Rei are wearing Everlane gear

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah I joined in October as well, pretty it was during prelaunch. Didn't invite as many people as you but still a decent amount and didn't get an email neither. Only bought two totes though so maybe that's why? Feel like these types of insider things can never work too well as people will never be happy.

11. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Could have been the first 250?

12. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Thanks for the feedback guys - we're still trying to figure out the best way to do these things. For the insider program, it's selected from top 1% of our customer-base. The first 250 were the first 250 confirmed emails we had.

As our userbase grows, the number of people in the 1% will grow as well.
    We really appreciate the community here on SF and that's why I maintain this thread. Typically, I publish big drops here 12+ hours ahead of the general email and other things like that - if there's anything more I can do for you guys - totally open to suggestions.

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i feel like everyone who PM'd you to be added into the system got into that early bird special too, just saying

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

quit complaining :facepalm:

Nan does more than he has to for people here already.

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

It is the principle; check first page and you'll see I am a great supporter of this label

Actually you'll see that stevent is also present before the herd started grazing in these part