Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Natural leather - will it patina over time or would it stay more whitish?

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

It will patina over time and darken.

3. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Thanks, Nan. Yeah, the fabric feels great. I was wondering about the labeling. Keep on doing y'all's thing -- I'm probably going to buy a few more tees soon. :cheers:

4. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Any chance the weekender will be out this week? :D

5. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

:cheers:

Weekenders are slated for a soft launch on the 27th, but that date might move.

6. andrewsd

andrewsd Senior member

when should we see a preview?

7. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Previews will be a few days ahead - the soft launch is only for the first 200 units that we air-shipped, but I will get you guys in on the action.

We are releasing the rest of the inventory a week after when they arrive by freight.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  8. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I can already say I'm down for one. Don't currently have a bag, got some credit to spend, and what I've bought so far I've been happy with. Any chances of a dopp kit some time soon?

9. Weather

Weather Member

I'm definitely interested in the bags. Will it be a large order, or are they expected to sell out quickly?

And, to channel my inner MC, for the t-shirts...is the combed cotton much cheaper than supima or is there any chance future orders might go back to using supima? After washing, I would say there's a pretty slight but noticeable difference between the two. And it might not be related, but the cut and construction seemed to be more consistent on the supima batches as well. Plus it's kind of nice to buy something grown and made in the USA.

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

can you let us know in this thread when the new ties (not bow ties) drop? don't always check the actual site, but i do this one...

11. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

You will love the bags. They turned out really well, and at the price they will sell at, it's completely ridiculous.

The dopp kits are a tricky business for us - we don't want to have a heritage image like J Crew or RL even, so waxed canvas dopp kits are not entirely on message. We would sell them quickly and make some money in the short term, but there's the branding aspect to consider. We have about 200 units sitting in a warehouse (at cost to us). I am pushing for them to be sold, but I don't get to make those decisions unilaterally.

The bags will sell out pretty fast. We ordered in larger quantity than we normally do, but the quality / value ratio is insane.

Re: cotton, I hear you. The combed cotton is slightly less expensive, but it's more volume that's the issue for us. We run a lot more men's than women's shirts and we can't get our hands on enough supima to support it. Our newer runs have been about 5x the size of our initial ones. As we develop relationships with suppliers, the supply constraints will get better and we can re-evaluate at that point. We have settled down on two sewers I just heard (we were using 4 before), so consistency should be quite improved from here on out.

Yeah, will do. You will also get an email when we launch products.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

[​IMG]

Slate size small v-neck after 1+ month

13. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Nice fit! How do you like the V-shape of the neck?

Also, that's the muted gray right? The slate color is darker and I don't think it's been released for quite a month yet.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Yeah first gray iteration when the tee's first got introduced. V-neck is good, enough for a shirt over without collar showing definitely. I like it this way for this size.
    Stretches out nicely after a wash and dry.

As mentioned I did order 1 size up to a medium on the new v-necks. Much different look, deeper v, for the best or worst? I don't know. Calls for another photo at a later time.

The tee in photo did stand up to a pair of scissors that I accidentally dropped on myself. Was so scared I ripped a hole or something, but everything looking well so far : )
    (I hate small miscellaneous holes in tees)

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  15. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I like the fit of the vneck on you. I might have to pick one up when the weekender drops.