• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I prefer a normal buckle, but the 2-piece didn't seem overly inconvenient in comparison. Sliding the buckle over its initial spot seemed like something you'd get used to pretty quickly. I ordered a size too large so it was hard to get a good idea, but it was slightly annoying enough that I didn't feel like exchanging it for a smaller size, since the width was already on the skinnier side.

The idea with these is that you choose your initial spot, and just leave the buckle there. It's pretty much a normal belt after you configure it.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious. The women's tees are listed as being 100% supima cotton. Are the men's tees as well? The copy only says "combed cotton".

Weather

Reaction score
Curious. The women's tees are listed as being 100% supima cotton. Are the men's tees as well? The copy only says "combed cotton".
Interesting. The original batches of t-shirts I got were all labeled 100% supima cotton but the most recent batch in summer colors were just labeled 100% cotton. Did the fabric change? That's very disappointing, if true.

Last edited:

Weather

Reaction score
The idea with these is that you choose your initial spot, and just leave the buckle there. It's pretty much a normal belt after you configure it.

I prefer a normal buckle, but the 2-piece didn't seem overly inconvenient in comparison. Sliding the buckle over its initial spot seemed like something you'd get used to pretty quickly. I ordered a size too large so it was hard to get a good idea, but it was slightly annoying enough that I didn't feel like exchanging it for a smaller size, since the width was already on the skinnier side.

Thanks. I'll have to try one of these out when the 1.25" belts are available.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting.  The original batches of t-shirts I got were all labeled 100% supima cotton but the most recent batch in summer colors were just labeled 100% cotton.  Did the fabric change?  That's very disappointing, if true. 

As long as they hold up reasonably well, I'm fine. Just curious. Don't want to go all MC on a t-shirt.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to know about the fabric as wellI'm planning on ordering a few of the women tees, is the white shirt transparent.

Last edited:

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting.  The original batches of t-shirts I got were all labeled 100% supima cotton but the most recent batch in summer colors were just labeled 100% cotton.  Did the fabric change?  That's very disappointing, if true. 

As long as they hold up reasonably well, I'm fine. Just curious. Don't want to go all MC on a t-shirt.

I would like to know about the fabric as well.
So I'm planning on ordering a few of the women tees, is the white shirt transparent.

I just emailed our product guy to ask about the material. I will tell you once I hear back.

The girls at the office wear the white shirt with a light colored bra and it's no problem.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked mine and the non-watercolor shirts also just say 100% Cotton. I haven't washed any of the new ones yet but i can't really feel a difference between the two.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just emailed our product guy to ask about the material. I will tell you once I hear back.
The girls at the office wear the white shirt with a light colored bra and it's no problem.

...yet you know the color of their bras huh.... :nodding:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He didn't say who it was no problem for ;)

he invites the girls over to his place to show them "online feedback" and one glass of wine turns into two and....:satisfied:

Last edited:

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just checked mine and the non-watercolor shirts also just say 100% Cotton. I haven't washed any of the new ones yet but i can't really feel a difference between the two.

Just heard back from Edoardo, our product guy.

Our women's shirts are Supima, as was our first couple of batches of Men's shirts.
Our men's shirts are currently made from combed ringspun pima cotton - Edoardo told me basically the same thing as what you said lesamourai, that he didn't feel the difference was very large. The threads per sq. inch remained the same and the cotton is still combed, so only the longest fibers remain. The Supima label guarantees that 100% of the cotton fiber is US grown.

...yet you know the color of their bras huh.... :nodding:

He didn't say who it was no problem for ;)

he invites the girls over to his place to show them "online feedback" and one glass of wine turns into two and....:satisfied:

Annnnnd now I will get ****** kicked when they read this thread. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Annnnnd now I will get ****** kicked when they read this thread. Thanks guys!

so it is true! :embar:

are they on the forum...this thread may have just gotten a bit more interesting...lol

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

are they on the forum...this thread may have just gotten a bit more interesting...lol

I think they lurk once in a while - this thread is basically my personal side project

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads