Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Took them two weeks from receiving the package to issuing credit back to my card... and then another three days for it to actually post because of the weekend :(

2. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Im not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic, lol

This is what I mean, I am under the impression that everlane is trying to cater to the SW&D and MC crowd. If they start making tank and similar items I think they will start leaning more towards SW&D. I have nothing against tanks in the proper environment, maybe the beach or something of that nature, but I do not wear them or own any. But hey if it works for them and brings them more customers then :slayer: I just dont want to see them become a SW&D specific brand.

I have nothing against anyone wearing them, hey if it makes you happy it makes you happy, I have a pair of yellow summer shorts that my friends call my gay for wearing but hey to each his own right. lol

3. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

You sound like a fun person to hang out with

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Received my order of medium size tees this time around. I would say significantly roomier than size small.

I sized up so to wear them more as a casual fit, tee+trousers and footwear. All my size smalls make great undershirts.

Two size medium vnecks in black and white. If you kind of want that grunge, RO / goth-ninja appeal it works. Long in the body, moderately deep 'v'. Wear it layered with a longer tank or with a leather/outerwear it should be good.

I am hoping it does shrink a little bit all around. My arms can fill out the size small, little bit of room in the arm on a medium. Shoulder is also looser so there is a drape in the chest. Body of the shirt is not totally tapered but it also drapes.

Currently wearing some bball shorts so throwing off the proportions =\

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  5. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I take back what I said about going with Med. After wearing the small I like how it fits a lot after a little natural stretch. I just hope they don't shrink too much in the wash

6. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Yeah, we wanted to show that you can make a belt out of good materials with littles details like that for $15.

PM me your email, I will look into it.

We use the same production facility as James Perse - you can see the two brands on different sides of the factory floor. If it's not too much trouble, can you PM me specifically what you find lacking in our shirts compared to JP? I would really like to share it with our product guys.

Yes! He is actually a news reporter in LA as his day job, so it makes total sense that you saw him there.

Sorry about that - customer service is something we are working on improving - especially regarding returns. We will have return shipping labels as soon as we can, to save everyone the hassel.

We are dedicated to making basic apparel. Tanks fall into that realm, but at least for men, they are not that high up on the totem pole. There's a lot of product categories we will hit first before tank tops.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  7. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Re: Regg's comment, I own a bunch of J Crew broken-in tees and what you're saying is crazy talk-- the feel of the fabric alone is nowhere near Everlane's. Now, I will have to say J Crew's cut works better for my body, but in terms of materials/construction, there's not much of a comparison

8. absurdian

absurdian Active Member

Got in two v-necks today in small one white and one navy. The navy one fits perfectly but I noticed a problem with the white one, the V is considerably bigger and slightly askew and fits very different from the navy shirt. Is this a problem with the sizing and is there any way to fix it, like try shrinking in a hot wash?

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I love how it stretches naturally. Initially the size small fits real snug but after a night, it stretches out pretty uniformly in a good way.

I did order 2x medium as mentioned and they are a bit looser. Fits different aesthetics I would say and how you feel like wearing the tee that day.
    Initially the size small did feel like a really bad muscle tee.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  10. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Nanyu, do you have any plans for a pindot or not too large sized dot tie? Not really a fan of the plaid ties as I feel they are too casual. (can't wear with a suit)

Speaking of that I thought the tie Robert Downey Jr. wore in The Avengers was sick

[​IMG]

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

12. Regg

Regg Senior member

I just did a little comparison. I'm wearing an H&M t right now. It's flimsy but not bad for $10. Next I have an old Banana Republic t. I used to think it was soft and maybe it has been washed too much, or maybe quality everywhere else has risen, but it's not so soft anymore. Next a jcrew broken in. Soft, bit of a stretch to it, nice. I'm telling you, the Everlane is very similar. I can't tell if one is thicker than the other, they're close. The Everlane is a lot softer on the outside than inside. The jcrew seems to be the same in and out. Next I have a Vince which I remembered being awesome but maybe this one has been washed too much also, it was closer to the Banana than jcrew/everlane. I'll note that the BR/Vince have been washed many times vs. only one time each for the jcrew/everlane.

Unfortunately I don't have a Perse to compare to, but two weekends ago I was at the Barneys outlet and I would have picked one up if they had my size. They were incredibly soft. Definitely way better than what I have here. But I'll also mention that the Perse tshirts that they had at Saks Off Fifth were much lesser quality, I'm not sure what the deal is. Those once were probably comparable to Jcrew/Everlane. Hmm, looking at the JP website perhaps the barneys ones were the "soft" versions, and those were what I was basing my original comments on. So maybe the normal JP are the same as Everlane, but I think the Jcrew ones are just as nice also. Everlane is still cheaper though

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Honestly, I think CS is one of the best things you guys have going for you. I know I don't say a lot of positive in this thread, but when anyone asks I still recommend you guys just because the service is good enough that you're worth a try. I just wish the shirts fit me... big sizing gap between medium and large and I'm right in the middle.

14. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Thanks, that means a lot to us. Right now CS is being juggled between Chris, Annabel (our blogger social media all around mascot girl) and myself. We try to provide great interactions with customers but it's more of a volume thing at this point. We have to scale up our systems so we aren't so bogged down by the boilerplate stuff (return auths, minor sizing questions, etc). Right now, Chris' inbox basically looks like this:

[​IMG]

15. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

Is there an ETA on the red slim belt restock? Looking to pick it up in conjunction with v-neck's for free shipping.