Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

I don't get the hype. It's just a t-shirt that costs $15. What's the significance of "designer"?

2. jkim3691

jkim3691 Member

Got my two tees in today. Navy pocket tee and black crew tee both in small. My observations:

Good fit all around, sleeves aren't too long aren't too short. Overall length is perfect, quality of material is great. Soft tee for sure. Then I noticed something disturbing. The collar is way too wide. It makes the tee feel like an undershirt. Sadly, hipsters have taken over and this is mainly what they like. I was hoping that I would just get a good fitting tee with solid material and a price tag I could be happy with. The search continues....

3. Sonorously

Sonorously Well-Known Member

They're t-shirts being sold for $50-75 by designers who significantly mark up the product.
    The shirts are made of ringspun cotton that are insanely soft to touch and are the most comfortable shirts I've worn.
    Everlane is a company that wants to compete against these designer brands by selling the exact same quality at a lower price point.

4. MetManChris

MetManChris Well-Known Member

I agree, I'd like to see the neck opening a bit smaller.

This. IMO, they're doing it very well.

5. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

please make scoop neck tees with raw hems lol

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

+1

and please please don't make the neck opening smaller... it's perfect the way it is. There's plenty of tees out there with tiny neck openings.

Just got the shirts I ordered (2 white v-necks, white pocket, slate pocket) fabric and fit are pretty nice...wouldn't mind the fabric being a tiny bit thicker, especially for the white tees, but they're still fine. Also, I'm curious, why is the slate color available for the pocket and crew tees, but not the v-neck?

7. jkim3691

jkim3691 Member

With the collar the way it is it makes me feel like I'm wearing a blouse.

8. Kross

Kross Senior member

+1 for making the fabric more substantial

9. Sonorously

Sonorously Well-Known Member

Anyone own Everlane and American Apparel/H&M/Next Level that can compare the quality of the cotton and fit?

10. jordache jeans

jordache jeans Senior member

Just got my shirts and belts.

The belts are nice, definitely worth the money for $15. Got the red and black ones. The red is more of a soft supple leather while the black is stiffer, more dress belt type material. Best part is definitely the buckles though.

Shirts are ok. Fabric and fit is very nice. Got a navy crewneck and a white v neck. The white one though is pretty see through, needs to be more substantial if you're gonna make white. The neck is very deep on the v neck too. Length is pretty ok, would prefer longer but pretty similar to mall brand stores' t shirt lengths.

11. poorman

poorman Senior member

Damn at all this fabric contradictions. It's thick. It's see-through. lol.

I just want to know...ARE THESE BETTER THAN HANES V-NECKS? :)

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I wish there was a size between medium and large. The difference between the two seems fairly substantial :(

13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

My take on the shirts. I only have white v-necks. Fit is great for me. The shoulders are a little wider than most. It's a little longer than mall-stuff before it shrinks (even on low heat). Fabric is on the light side and very soft. Feels a lot better than the usual gap/AA and waaay above Hanes. Hanes is like fucking sandpaper. The V is a medium depth--its not an AA deep V but its not a crewneck with V opening like most shit is.

14. jordache jeans

jordache jeans Senior member

They're obviously better than hanes or fruit of the loom or anything else like that. Much better fit and materials.

I would say they're fairly comparable to the t's from BR, just different. Everlane has much softer touch and better fit through the body if you have a skinny or medium build. The BR pima cotton t's are a bit more substantial, so it's more about what you're looking for. I guess the construction might be better on Everlane but I don't think that's really an issue with tshirts.

15. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

Already did this, search a few pages back. H&M doesn't compare to AA, Everlane, et al.