1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

^ That's a great tie.

2. Regg

Regg Senior member

I just did a little comparison. I'm wearing an H&M t right now. It's flimsy but not bad for $10. Next I have an old Banana Republic t. I used to think it was soft and maybe it has been washed too much, or maybe quality everywhere else has risen, but it's not so soft anymore. Next a jcrew broken in. Soft, bit of a stretch to it, nice. I'm telling you, the Everlane is very similar. I can't tell if one is thicker than the other, they're close. The Everlane is a lot softer on the outside than inside. The jcrew seems to be the same in and out. Next I have a Vince which I remembered being awesome but maybe this one has been washed too much also, it was closer to the Banana than jcrew/everlane. I'll note that the BR/Vince have been washed many times vs. only one time each for the jcrew/everlane.

Unfortunately I don't have a Perse to compare to, but two weekends ago I was at the Barneys outlet and I would have picked one up if they had my size. They were incredibly soft. Definitely way better than what I have here. But I'll also mention that the Perse tshirts that they had at Saks Off Fifth were much lesser quality, I'm not sure what the deal is. Those once were probably comparable to Jcrew/Everlane. Hmm, looking at the JP website perhaps the barneys ones were the "soft" versions, and those were what I was basing my original comments on. So maybe the normal JP are the same as Everlane, but I think the Jcrew ones are just as nice also. Everlane is still cheaper though

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Honestly, I think CS is one of the best things you guys have going for you. I know I don't say a lot of positive in this thread, but when anyone asks I still recommend you guys just because the service is good enough that you're worth a try. I just wish the shirts fit me... big sizing gap between medium and large and I'm right in the middle.

4. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Thanks, that means a lot to us. Right now CS is being juggled between Chris, Annabel (our blogger social media all around mascot girl) and myself. We try to provide great interactions with customers but it's more of a volume thing at this point. We have to scale up our systems so we aren't so bogged down by the boilerplate stuff (return auths, minor sizing questions, etc). Right now, Chris' inbox basically looks like this:

[​IMG]

5. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

Is there an ETA on the red slim belt restock? Looking to pick it up in conjunction with v-neck's for free shipping.

6. Sonorously

Sonorously Well-Known Member

They have no plans to restock.

7. gort

gort Senior member

Is that for all belts or just the red?

8. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Cool, thanks for confirming.

I've worn the belt a few times at this point, and I like it quite a bit. It's thin enough that it fits in the beltloops of my trousers and it doesn't make a big bulge under a t-shirt, but it's not so thin that it looks dainty worn with jeans (maybe I wouldn't wear it with my 19oz. Samurais, but that's a bit different).

I'm hoping that when you said no restocks on this, maybe you meant no restocks at the at-cost price? I'd love to get my hands a black one, and I'm sure I'd have no qualms with the retail price.

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I love my tanner belt, but it's definitely thick. Can't even really fit the overhang through the belt loop of my PS and it definitely makes shirts bulge a bit.

10. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

We are doing another run of the slim belts (the two-piece ones, not the at-cost belt we recently did). We are shooting photos of the samples right now, so I don't have pictures available quite yet, but we made a whole grip of colors.

- Natural Bridal
    - Dark Brown
    - Tan
    - Slate
    - Black Grain
    - Fire Engine Red (it's insane)

And totally asskicking
    - Taupe Nubuck
    - Coffee Nubuck

We are working on a solid copper belt buckle as well as a matte black one, which are both looking amazing.

We will do another makeup of that style belt, but it will be a while before they are ready. The full retail price of that belt would have been around $40.

In the meantime, here's a preview of some summer scarves that we are making. They are a really light wool / linen / silk blend, and soup to nuts made in Scotland. Should be hitting in late June. The colorways haven't been locked down yet, but I am pushing hard for the medium brown glen plaid.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  11. poorman

poorman Senior member

Oh man! Pricepoint on the scarves? How about some nautical stripes?

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:slayer::slayer::slayer:

Hell yeah!!!!

13. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

There will be a thin striped version, plus some color blocks and solids. I'm going to New York next week to checkout fabrics for this run and also heavier stuff for the fall.

As a rule, I do not discuss pricepoints of items before they launch - reason being we don't really decide that until the day before it launches. But everything will always be under $100.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  14. comicto

comicto Well-Known Member

Finally got my pocket t-shirts. Well worth the wait. I bought peach,lemon,white,muted black. They pretty much all fit alike. The white was a little tighter in the chest, and the muted black neck opening was a little loser, but overall I'm very satisfied. They are going to be my go to t-shirts from now on, and for sure getting more.

for people still iffy on sizing i went with a small.
    I'm 5'7, 149lb, waist 32 in-between small and medium build. Fit was spot on.

Buy these t-shirts!

15. gort

gort Senior member

I hope the belts are affordable. I could use a new belt or two.

16. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

^they'll be affordable, that's their business model if you haven't realized

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  17. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

18. Sonorously

Sonorously Well-Known Member

In a few posts above yours, they're aimed to be $40.

19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Follow up. Return credit was much, much faster this time :)

20. gort

gort Senior member

THANKS, must've missed that. :embar: