Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

Just picked up the black one and a couple of t's my girlfriend. Thanks for offering these at such great prices...can't wait to give her her t-shirts :).

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Picked one up in cinnamon. Sounds delicious. :smarmy:

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

not sure which size to get :/ website says to go tts, but measurements tell me size up

4. druffs

druffs Well-Known Member

man did the restocked shirts go out of stock already? i wanted to pick up a clay one but everything is sold out except S/XS

congrats, i guess!

sweaters look good but i was hoping for a gray or dark blue :/ maybe on the secret color... the blue was featured in the teaser photo shoot.

5. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

There's good news and bad news. Clay was the only restock color that they forgot to ship to us. It's sitting in the dye-house right now, which means you didn't miss out. It will arrive in a few days.

Thanks! I hope your GF enjoys the stuff.

Awesome! I like that color a lot. It reminds me of this FILA sweatshirt I had a long time ago (when that was a thing) which I wore to death.

I would say go TTS. Which measurement is problematic?

6. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Snagged a cinnamon sweatshirt in my T size. Any chance of a grey sweatshirt in the future?

7. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

Picked up a black crewneck and white and black crewneck t's. Sized up to a large for a more slouchy look so will see how they fit next week

8. 510kut

510kut Senior member

btw did you guys ever add the option to remove credit card info from the website?

9. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

just bought a few more shirts :slayer:

10. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

pm me when international shipping starts, also what will be the expected prices?

11. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

We are trying to get heather grey in general as a color that we offer, but doing heather grey the right way is a little bit of an involved process.

*TLDR warning

We garment dye all of our pieces. What this means is we make up a lot of white t-shirts and sweatshirts and dye them in the appropriate color after they have been cut and sewn, that way it's easier and more efficient for us to control inventory and shortens turnaround times for new colors.

Heather grey is made of two or more colors. This means that if you want 100% cotton heather anything, you need to dye half the yarn, weave the fabric, then cut and sew. This is outside the contraints of our normal process, so it takes a dedicated persion guiding it along. Our production person is only part time at the moment (he is coming on full time in a few weeks), so when he has more availability, we can do this.

The other way to do heather colors is to make a cotton-poly blend. You weave the white cotton and white poly together, and then dye the whole finished thing after. The cotton takes the dye, the poly does not. This method is ok for certain types of garments, but not for the french terry we use. Most AA sweatshirts / hoodies are done like this. There's a characteristic fuzzy interior that results from the blend in their sweatshirt material and this is why. We may do a small run of blend shirts like this to start in order to test the demand for heather, but we would rather do it with 100% cotton in the long term.

Cool, one of the ideas we thought of for our fit guide was to have our model pictured wear every size shirt, so you can see what sizing up and down look like. Do you think this is helpful?

This is being tested in staging right now actually, so it should be up by the end of next week.

Thank you sir!

I will announce international shipping when I know of the launch date, I don't really know about price yet, but they will vary by country most likely.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

That is the best idea
    Include model height/weight if they are not shy

13. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

Maybe consider changing the model? The current one looks kind of out of shape (no offense) and he looks like he's on some couch-potato swag in every shirt he's modeling for. just a suggestion, especially if you are getting a new batch of tee's with a taper it will be hard to see without a good model

14. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

maybe it's just me, but I think cinnamon is a pretty ugly color. and so I want to try out the sweatshirt, but with spring coming around, black would just be way too hot. more white Ts will always work, though.

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

There are only red and black sweaters