1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Gotcha. I read the Fader article a while back-- what caught my eye was, for how much we talk about minimalism as a 'fashion boi' thing or something that's inaccessable to the masses, it seems that's the direction the wardrobes of many "creative industry" folks are headed, albeit in a softer and more casual sense than what's on most runways.

Meanwhile, as Fuuma mentioned in the Random Fashion Thoughts thread maybe yesterday, the trend among fashion industry types is to avoid extreme statements and turn toward a more toned-down and sporty aesthetic (sweatshirts with overcoats, sweatpants, stan smiths, etc). So there's a convergence basically between the folks who just want to be 'fashionable' and those who breathe fashion through their skin.

Oh, and re: Polo-- I was mainly writing in terms of market positioning and quality. I'm much more excited about a brand that competes with Neimans than with Macy's, and it sounds like you guys feel the same way.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  2. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

For a while I completely forgot about this brand until I needed a cheap duffel for traveling--really cool to see some candid inside opinions on the fit and improvements in pattern cuts. Gonna try out the Anorak myself.

3. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Yeah actually, we added a top-stitch to keep the collar flat, and we are exploring options to do a hidden stitch to maintain the old look and feel but resolve the problem. I think it might be mixed inventory right now in the warehouse for black and white but any new t-shirt colors should have the adjustments.

We do want to compete with the high-end, but being transparent about pricing makes it a rough marketing proposition sometimes. We try to keep very consistent margins across the entire offering so what ends up happening is we become very competitive on bags and shoes but some of the more technically sophisticated apparel ends up at a relatively higher price in comparison.

Let me know how it goes with the anorak.

4. Bam!ChairDance

Do you mean the jackets and pants and stuff? Those still seemed to be priced pretty competitively.

And even if you do start making more technically involved products that end up costing more, won't the prices still be significantly less than their luxury brand counterparts? At that point, people like me will still be OK with forking over the money if the product looks dope. And for anyone who's cautious about spending more, couldn't you educate them on production processes the same way you always have?

5. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

Received my anorak, here are my thoughts.

For $98, the price-point seems a bit high--both the design and the materials feel just one step up from something like Uniqlo (probably not true, but that's just my perception). I bought TTS, but the sleeves still feel a little short on me, which is something I wouldn't expect when the site says that going TTS would result in an over-sized fit.

I like the dual-function pockets though, and the midsection drawstring is a nice touch even though taking some of the material in meant that the zipper kept getting caught on them. The fact that the sleeves end in essentially a shirt cuff seemed like a strange choice, since it meant that there was a permanent hole where the cuff placket was. The hood has a decent shape as well, so no complaints there.

Haven't tried it in the rain just yet, but if you like how it looks on the site and want something fairly minimal, I'd say pull the trigger.

6. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

@thenanyu

Will zip backpacks ever make a comeback?

7. ytha

ytha New Member

i was a huge everlane fan, but they lost my business with their inconsistent sizing, shoddy quality and $5 return labels. they could have solved these problems with solid customer service, but instead lost a customer for life. i don't know why anyone would buy from them, but good luck if you do

8. Joey From 181

Joey From 181 Well-Known Member

@thenanyu

Is this tee going to be restocked in crew neck at some point? noticed it's not on the site anymore.

[​IMG]

9. Bam!ChairDance

Guys. Smartpost is awful. A domestic package should never take this long to arrive. I can have a package shipped from Japan in half the time using EMS.

I understand why you switched, as you've explained it many times whenever your facebook fans post similar complaints. But it's seriously time to look into alternatives if you haven't already. Please don't slip into complacency on this-- it's the definition of a first world problem but still really annoying.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  10. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Anyone tried thier slim oxfords? How does the fit compare to slim J.crew? Specifically XS?

11. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Well-Known Member

I like the length of the merino blazer. Its a casual jacket so I dont think the crop is an issue.
    Im worried about pilling though.

12. Bam!ChairDance

Men's pants just arrived! Someone should buy them and tell me whether they're better than, say, Uniqlo.

13. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I ordered a pair this morning, hoping they are better than Uniqlo (and ideally attract less lint) as well

14. Sym

Sym Senior member

Ordered a shirt and its 10-14 business day to ship to Canada? Ridiculous. The package has just been shipping in Ohio not moving since the 9th.

15. Bam!ChairDance

How'd it go?

16. Bam!ChairDance

Just wanted to report that my grey marled tee is a lot of fun and, for the people who complained about the original tees being too thin, might be worth a try.

17. Login

Login Well-Known Member

same wish they would restock the blue one quicker.

18. MetManChris

MetManChris Well-Known Member

I was a HUGE fan of them early on, and then gradually lost interest. It seems like as the price of things went up, the quality went down, and it stopped being a radically better value than competitors. Combined with a number of customer service snaffus, and quality control, I just stopped being pumped up about everlane. Now I get all my stuff from Gustin.

My at cost belt and my vegetable tanned leather belt are still amazing from them. Wear them all the time.

19. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

20. psychodealer

psychodealer Senior member

Hi people. I kind of am interested in buying some tees from Everlane since they're MIUSA and seem to be soft. However, something is preventing me:

the sizing. Are the tees really loose on the arms? I absolutely hate those triangle things on the arms from some tee.

Do they still fit very loosely on the arms? I came across a post that's a bit old claiming that.

If so, what are so good alternatives of good white tees? Soft and well made? I would prefer if they had Raglan sleeves too.