Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Senior member

Well played! Looking sharp

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

A very simple duffle in that waxed canvas would be an awesome gym bag.

3. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

how long till international orders?

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Breton tops please?? :inlove:

5. Desi

Desi Senior member

We throwing out requests? Well then, I just want something cute: Dobb/travel kits, cashmere socks, shirt stays.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Here is an idea for good revenue making:

Source a good place to make some button down oxfords.

If you get the cut, fabric, and pricing correct you will have another big hit.

Why OCBD? It is so prevalent because people can never get enough. The selling point for you is offering it at an unbeatable price, which based on your model so far, is staying within under $50?

At the moment, one shop has you beat (fortunately/unfortunately they screwed up forecasting the demand).

All this other stuff, backpacks et al is cool but just gimmicky. Stick to staples i.e. t-shirts and the business will not be a flop (hypothetical since it is hard to say the longevity of the current business this early in the game)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What one shop?

8. sleu

sleu Senior member

Got my backpack! Kinda glad the blue sold out and I snagged a grey one instead!

9. jrmartinx

jrmartinx New Member

edited: Problem with order...fixed rather quickly.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

:devil:

11. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic Well-Known Member

seconded!!! quote for emphasis

12. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

We have a weekender bag in the works and a smaller version that is more suited to being a gym bag or an every-day carry. The weekender sample was off the hook and I am really excited for it.

Thanks man! The V-neck will not get any deeper any time soon, so you're golden.

I don't have the measurements on hand, but we have a few samples in the office and I will post measurements next week.

International shipping is one of the things we are working on - right now we are having trouble keeping things in stock for the US only. Once we get a more steady flow of products made, we should be able to open up international shipping.

I suggested these to our designer - I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the feedback. I love responding to posts like this because talking about how our internal process works is something that I really like doing and I think a lot of the guys on the forum are interested in knowing how this kind of company runs.

The price you suggested is probably in the right ballpark - we are doing multiple rounds of samples from a few different production facilities so we can get the right balance of quality, price and details to distinguish our shirts. We can churn out a decent oxford cloth button down tomorrow, but in this area, we are competing directly with J Crew and Steven Alan.

Our philosophy behind every product we make is to create something that can compete with stuff that is priced at 2-3x what we sell it for. Until we can meet this requirement, the product will stay in limbo.

We fully plan on keeping basic t-shirts, button downs, and other basics in constant stock. In our first few runs of product, we are still getting color, size, and style ratios settled down, but it should all reach an equilibrium as we get our production ramped up.

I think he may be talking about Frank and Oak, though I am not sure.

The blues went petty fast - glad you like the grey!

You got PM. Sorry about the sizing issue - it sounds like maybe one of the shirts got mislabeled. This was our bad, you won't be on the hook for shipping or anything else.

13. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

With your T-shirts, you advertised them as designer quality, not just decent. There are plenty of people who already make decent, but mediocre quality oxfords. But even on sale, it's pretty difficult to find "designer" quality OCBD for under 100$. So if the quality really is that amazing, I'm easily willing to pay upwards of 50 or 75$. Basically, I think you should focus on quality as much as possible, without worrying too much about cost. Nobody wants another J. crew.

14. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

i and alot of other people would be very very happy if you could make a band of outsiders fit ocbd/button up shirt, like that type of slimness and shortness in a cheaper shirt.

15. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

You hit the nail on the head. Our button down prototype has already gone through numerous iterations - the final product will be something we are very proud of, and we will be sure it can compete with designer shirts that are 3x the price of it. The point I was making earlier is that for this product, more so than the other ones, competition at the target price point is quite fierce, so we are spending extra time and effort to get the design and fit right before we produce our first run.