• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's average height? The average height in Holland is over 6 feet, and in US it's something around 5'10''.
What is it with you guys and 35 inch chests.
plain.gif
Asian and bad genes.

iluvatar

Reaction score
Alright, I got my oxfords in the mail today. First, I'll echo what others have said. The buttons are very thin, and the construction is about what you would expect for the price. The fabric is decent and feels nice, though it is pretty lightweight -- it doesn't have the "beefiness" you'd find in some of the others.

For me, the real kicker is the fit, but not for the reasons people have commented on regarding the model pics. The hip flare is not bad at all on me; in fact, it fits quite well in the body. The problem for me, rather, is in the shoulders. The measurements indicated for a medium are 18.25'', which is in the realm of wearability for me, but it seems mine actually measure more like 18.75''. My shoulders are already on the narrow side, so that's enough of a difference so the whole fit just looks off on me. Furthermore, the sleeves on the blue oxford are a good bit longer than the ones on the white oxford.

koor

Reaction score
I've already commented that the sleeve are a tad long....from the Everlane model pics to the few fit pics posted here...in every case (maybe not every case, but I'm too lazy to dig through pages of posts) the sleeves are too long. I'm 6 ft tall...Medium sleeves should not be too long on me. With the care instructions saying no machine wash + dry looks like shrinkage should not be a concern. Make the sleeves a tad shorter on the next revision please.

MetManChris

Reaction score
Yea, the everlane site seems to still be having problems of slowing down my browser to a crawl, at best.

Also, I got a shipping confirmation with a tracking number, but that tracking number doesn't seem to let me track it. Anybody else have the same problem?

eidolarr

Reaction score
Oxford: It's pretty cool! A great value. Dunno what you guys are on about, the buttons are great. My only complain is that, while it's slim, it seems a bit big measurements-wise... the small fits more like a medium in the shoulders and lengths. I'm going to return it and order again in XS when they restock. Overall, good job =)

ykim917

Reaction score
Just received white Oxford in small. Not sure why custserv rep described the fit as "aggressively slim" and comparable to gitman vintage. Fits ok in the shoulders and chest, but flares out at bottom. Too long to wear untucked, poofs out when tucked in (31 true waist). It's going back.

maritimetimetime

Reaction score
my xs oxford arrived today, probably gonna have to return it since it fits more like a small than an xs and the sleaves are super long

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received white Oxford in small. Not sure why custserv rep described the fit as "aggressively slim" and comparable to gitman vintage. Fits ok in the shoulders and chest, but flares out at bottom. Too long to wear untucked, poofs out when tucked in (31 true waist). It's going back.

Well for most customers it is aggressively slim. A M in a mall brand will be huge compared to a M in Gitman.

89andy

Reaction score

Well for most customers it is aggressively slim. A M in a mall brand will be huge compared to a M in Gitman.

gitmans have very low arm holes and baggy sleeves with tight chest and collar. Not a proportional fit at all ...

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gitmans have very low arm holes and baggy sleeves with tight chest and collar. Not a proportional fit at all ...

Depends how you are built, Gitman sleeves are actually a bit tight on me, and armholes could barely be any higher, chest and collar right on

hoyitsjohnny

Reaction score
I just got my smoke and blue everlane oxfords, and I'm disappointed with the sizing.

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]I wear a size small in Everlane t-shirts and wear a size XS to small in button downs depending on the brand. I choose to order a size small in the oxford based on Nan saying they're aggressive slim. The oxford was too big on me and too long to be worn untucked. I'm disappointed because I was really excited about Everlane's oxfords, but based on the sizing I'm not sure if even a XS would be short enough to wear untucked. Before anyone says I must be really short and skinny, I'm 5'11 and a little under 165lbs.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]Overall the quality is what I expected for the price, but I'm not sure I would purchase them again since I'm afraid of Everlane constant sizing changes that it's hard to be sure if all be a small or extra small in the next run from China. [/FONT]

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
got my shirts, and .. I dunno. I ordered a L, I'm usually a M in mall brand stuff, with a 40" chest, but large shoulders/arms/back. I'm 6'1 with a longer toros. Shirt fits well in the shoulders and chest, but it's about an inch too long, a half inch too long in the sleeves and blousy in the waist. I'm not sure who these were cut for -- someone with a 2" drop? My girlfriend described the fit as the same as a women's shirt. I don't know if I'll keep it - would need to be shortened. Can anyone comment on how much these shrink in a wash?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads