1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

just received a couple pockets tees, they feel tighter in the chest than the ones I got last year (size S, I'm 5'10" low 150s), anyone else noticed this? It's a shame because the length is pretty much perfect, so I'm not sure I want to size up

2. dEX

dEX Senior member

So does Everlane always offer free returns? Because it says it's only for new customers but I signed up months ago and still didn't have to pay.

3. shortbreadluver

shortbreadluver Well-Known Member

Anyone have the measurements for the v-neck in XS?

4. ZxRP

ZxRP Member

[​IMG]

So I caved and decided to try for my first purchase from everlane. This is the XS tshirt from them. How's the fit? Just for reference, I'm 5'4", 130lb, so I opted for the XS since their size chart told me it was fine

5. digga

digga Senior member

way too small

6. ZxRP

ZxRP Member

I thought the same thing, but I don't want to buy a size up and have it fit too big because of my odd proportions

7. edamame

edamame Well-Known Member

Definitely return it and size up; It's way too tight. The size small should fit pretty well. If anything, it'll be slightly big. The same thing happened to me (between XS and S) and I just used it as an incentive to work out a bit to fill out the shirt a little better. Best decision to be made on the matter, in my experience.

8. ZxRP

ZxRP Member

Thank you, I'll try out the S and report back. My hope is that if the small runs too long on my small torso, it'll shrink a little in the dryer. Are returns free?

9. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

You could also get the shirt hemmed by a tailor but I'd only consider that as a last resort.

10. Sym

Sym Senior member

11. ricedaddy

ricedaddy Active Member

Anyone received the poplin or linen shirts? Thoughts? opinions?

12. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Yes, but we will be bringing in a different shade that's pretty close for the fall.

We're testing free shipping and returns with some users. We may implement it site-wide in the future.

Sent you a PM, here they are just in case anyone else is wondering.

http://cl.ly/image/1f0S1d0P3P0t

I would recommend sizing up to a S.

13. phreak

phreak Senior member

My red poplin and white linen shirts arrived today. I'm 6" 155lbs and went with a small

I've only tried them on for a few mins but I was really impressed, especially at $55 each. An incredible value when you compare it to BoO (retail or on sale).

The linen was soft, light, and airy..draped nicely. A bit see through however.

The poplin fabric is light (def a summer cotton). The cut is slim but not too narrow. The taper isn't that drastic at all.

I would recommend purchasing these shirts if you are looking for another shirt.

This was my first order where I didn't get my gf something. And she absolutely noticed haha. She already owns one of everything in the women's selection. Any plans on a women's linen shirt?

14. Diglet

Diglet Senior member

Just bought one of their linen shirts too. Post some pics!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  15. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

16. Diglet

Diglet Senior member

Nope, made in China.

Also, I thought the shirts were 100% linen but they're actually 55% linen and 45% cotton for anyone who really cares.

17. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Really? Are they really cheap?
    I would check myself, but I can't login through my iPad.

18. Diglet

Diglet Senior member

Some loose threads here and there but I'd say that it's pretty good in terms of quality. And I actually like the fact that it's a cotton/linen mix so that the material isn't as sheer and see-through as 100% linen.

19. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I gotta echo the reviews on the u-neck. I do hope the cut is revised.

1 person likes this.
  20. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Just got the linen shirt in the mail. Buttons are thicker than the v1 oxford, fabric is light but not see-through, maybe a little on the rough side. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the armholes, which seem to be a lot lower than they were on the oxfords. Not sure whether I want to keep it on account of that.

Does anyone know whether it'll cause structural damage if I cut out the weird plastic tag on the inside with a seam ripper?