1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

No way, no retailer has ever asked me to send a photo if I said I received a product damage. It's just plain bad business.

But then again, their margins are probably so low that they can't afford any spoilage. The thing is, they must be skimping on the production or materials to try to reach that price point since the hole thing is not new.

Also, don't know how other companies have supima cotton tees for $12--must be making it up on economies of scale

2. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

if i get a XS, ill have to wear the shirt like Hasselhoff... 4 buttons down bcz my chest wont fit anymore

Oh and about that taking photo crap mentioned earlier??? No... its plain ridiculous. First of all, its a $15 shirt... Cmon Everlane, stop being such cheap shits.
    And to compare it to GILT is not much of an improvement. Both Everlane and Gilt have the shittiest shipping/return/exchanges policy.

(lets make the customers pay a fortune on shipping)
    even though we dont have any in-store locations...

They both need to adopt a system like Bonobos or Zappos.

To expect online only customers to get the order right on the first try every time is silly.

3. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

I've only ever had to take photos when claiming something really expensive and hard to ship, like a tv, furniture, etc. Pictures for a shirt is definitely ridiculous, and to be honest a little insulting to the customer.

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Guys everlanes customer service isn't bad. Take a fucking picture and be done with it. If you have a problem with their customer service go shop at Neiman's.

Their shirts are great for a 15 USD shirt.

I've ordered over 25 tees and will continue ordering more because they are cheap. I use them for the gym now. And yeah a few shirts had holes but Nan took care of it.

The biggest issue I had was the shitty v neck on the white shirts but whatevz.

1 person likes this.
  5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Lawlz lawlz lawlz

6. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Hey Guys,

I have been off of Styleforum for a while - all work and no play (makes Nan a sad boy)
    That said, wow I wish I had been keeping up here. If anyone has any issues that they need resolved or our customer service isn't cutting it,
    please feel very free to PM me or email me: nan at everlane.

The way we get better at this is through user feedback, and styleforum keeps us honest.

Hey, sorry the shirt didn't fit - did you end up getting a replacement or did you just return it? I am 6 ft, 160lbs and I wear a small, so I think that would fit you.

Hey guys, the reason we need the photos so our production guys can document the issues we come across and fix them if it indicates a problem on the line. I hope the interactions with our customer service folks have been friendly, if you are unhappy with the resolution, PM me and I would be happy to solve your problem and make changes to our process to make it better in the future.

We are addressing many of the shortfalls in our returns process - we are in the middle of redesigning the logistics and tech stack for that.

7. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

Both the new over dyed t-shirt colors are awesome, the greens on the dark grey/green side, not sure Forrest is the best name but a great color regardless.

8. 89andy

89andy Senior member

damn.

I'm 5'10 145lbs and i ordered size small too based on what I wear the t'shirts.

Hope they still fit ok I don't want to return them it's a hassle since I'm in Canada sigh

9. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

How long are the sleeves on the smalls with the new sizing? I'm 1" taller and the same weight, so I'm guessing the small would fit through the body, but I usually take a ~ 35" shirt sleeve.

10. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Toasty can you put some pics of the large shirts you bought?

11. Tuma

Tuma Senior member

I can definitelly recommend the t-shirts to everyone. OCBDs are very nice too, but the (old) fit could be better as mentioned here. I will take it to the tailor but it's very wearable (especially if tucked in) as it is. Fabric is nice and collar roll is way better than in Uniqlo oxford for example.

Thanks for Caltex for proxying. If someone outside of United States wants to try Everlane out he is the guy to get touched with.

1 person likes this.
  12. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

thats not a good thing... it seems like too many people have faced the problem of shirts having holes in them... dont they check the shirts b4 they pack and ship em? ffs.

and u completely contradicted yourself... the t-shirts are cheap! so is taking a picture REALLY necessary? especially with a problem as common as holes in the shirt?

13. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Documenting the issue makes sense but wouldn't it be easier if someone on your end took care of that nan? Have the customer return it ASAP, and leave it to your QC team to document.

You'll probably end up with better pictures and also anything to make customers lives easier always helps, no matter how small the inconvenience.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  14. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

We don't ask customers to return defective items, they can donate it if the defect doesn't hinder functionality, throw it away, use it as rags, gym shirt, etc.
    We try to hassle people as little as possible, and we think taking a picture and sending an email is less of a hassle than going to the post office, and sending back a defective item.

When the shirts have a hole, it's commonly (not always) a result of the packing process in the final step at the warehouse - QC is something we are working on and scaling up - we are moving to a new warehouse (from South Dakota to Colorodo) in the next couple of weeks, partly because the new place has better processes for inspection.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    2 people like this.
  15. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Yeah, I am going to guess that the sleeves will be short on you for a size small. Try the medium - if that doesn't work out for you, we'll be happy to print you a return shipping label

16. CosmicAsininity

CosmicAsininity Active Member

Hey nanyu, why is the new OCBD made in China?

17. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

What's the chest measurements on the medium/large shirt?

18. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

makes a whole lot more sense that they asked for a picture since they don't have customers return the item. that is way less hassle than mailing the item back, i think that is actually GOOD customer service.

what are the measurements on the new XL oxford, tees, and terry crewnecks?

19. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

They do check items but there is still a margin of error, I am sure you understand this. It happens with every label, tell me one label that has never made a mistake it's not possible.

I don't think I contradicted myself but I don't care to argue with you. If I did oh well, I know I have a fucking problem. lawlz

20. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

probably lower cost of production and the quality is about the same. I think he said that in a previous post.