• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
Okay, maybe, but still, the texture doesn't look anything like any of the previous shirts, or like a shirt at all.
That it's a blue t-shirt, you aren't alone on this. Don't even bother replying to whats his name, it's just a waste of time and confuses the situation.

Regardless of "Fall Color ways" this is not the texture of EL t-shirts.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, maybe, but still, the texture doesn't look anything like any of the previous shirts, or like a shirt at all.

That it's a blue t-shirt, you aren't alone on this. Don't even bother replying to whats his name, it's just a waste of time and confuses the situation. 

Regardless of "Fall Color ways" this is not the texture of EL t-shirts. 

lol are you referring to me?

Dapp

Reaction score
Maybe I'm an idiot, but that doesn't look blue, or like a t-shirt. I'm seeing a grey sweater, someone tell me I'm not alone in this.
Nah, I see where you're coming from. It was under my desk light which is really white. Here's another pic zoomed out:

Oh, and it's not fall colors, I got it back at the beginning of September.

Last edited:

pyroxyze

Reaction score
Nah, I see where you're coming from. It was under my desk light which is really white. Here's another pic zoomed out:

Oh, and it's not fall colors, I got it back at the beginning of September.
What color is that? I got the black which was more of a muted grey...

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nan, can you comment on the fit of the cashmere sweaters? I know that a lot of people have mixed feelings about the fit of Everlane's tee's and I am just wondering if the same 'fit parameters' for the tees will be used for the sweaters.

Actually, I like the original fit of the everlane tees when they first came out and ordered some in February. I don`t know what modifications have been made since then.
From what I have been reading changes were made to the length and taper and what not based on a rather small sample of individuals here, I am assuming the changes aren`t all that different as to change the sizing significantly.

My crew tee in antique (small) came in today, the fit is unbelievably better than the pocket tee I ordered back in late April (way too tight around the chest and sleeves). Very happy with the sizing now except slightly more taper would be nice.

The fit on the tees has been locked in, it's been a long process, which I am happy to talk about.

1. We believe in an iterative process. There is something to be said for consistency, but I think by constantly making small adjustments, we ended up in a place that everyone, especially our customers are happiest with.

2. We take feedback seriously - styleforum guys as well as our broader customer-base have been quite liberal with the offering of suggestions and complaints, and we are very grateful for that. The main changes that we made due to SF were lengthening the shirts by about 1/2 an inch and relaxing the chest of the pocket tee slightly.

3. We have gone through about 6 different production facilities in LA trying to find one that can handle our requirements and volume. Part of the reason the shirts fit fluctuated a bit was because every factory puts its own imprint on the garment with regard to stitching, tolerances, etc. We are now using two producers, both of which have experience handling high-end t-shirts and knits from JP, Vince and the like.

4. We garment dye all our apparel, which is a tricky process and results in more shrinkage variation. The advantage is, everything comes out pre-shrunk with a much softer hand feel. The tolerances on garment dyed clothing are about 2x that on piece dyed, but the resulting softness is worth it in our opinion. The best t-shirts on the market are all garment dyed for this reason.

The fit on the cashmere sweaters and the second round of French terry sweatshirts should be very well matched to the t-shirt sizing and fit.

If the ryan collection goes well for the women can we see a possible new tee collection featuring scoop/u-neck style tees?

We currently have no plans for a scoop neck or a rayon shirt for men. Our SS2013 plan includes breton stripes, light outerwear and overdyed OCBDs

Cause for concern? :confused: My 4th time wearing.

Yeah, I will get that taken care of - you got PM.

I am hairy as **** below the equator, but was blessed with only a little patch of hair on my chest and constantly wear scoops

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Dunno if anyone already posted this, but I couldn't find it going back several pages...

https://www.everlane.com/fall-preview

oxford and scarf :slayer:

Hey, you found the Fall Preview page! We are still working on that - you are looking at a preliminary version. Any thoughts (it's cool, it sucks, etc) would be appreciated.

mets69x86

Reaction score
i love the fall preview page. made me really excited. definitely gonna be picking up a cashmere sweater, OCBD, and a french terry or two when they drop

something interesting i found is https://www.everlane.com/collections/the-essential-belt-mens

which is different from the normal https://www.everlane.com/collections/essential-belts-mens

got me excited at first cause i thought they were thicker than 1 inch.

edit: oh also my grey snap backpack got here a few days ago. already got a bunch of compliments. my only complaint is that it makes my shirt ride up in the back a bit when i'm walking but i may just have to adjust the straps.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Do you guys really wear deep scoop neck tees?
I don't wear them because my chest hair will be BAM in your face.

All the damn time.

At this point, every time I wear a regular crew-neck I feel like it's choking me.
The fit on the tees has been locked in, it's been a long process, which I am happy to talk about.
1. We believe in an iterative process. There is something to be said for consistency, but I think by constantly making small adjustments, we ended up in a place that everyone, especially our customers are happiest with.
2. We take feedback seriously - styleforum guys as well as our broader customer-base have been quite liberal with the offering of suggestions and complaints, and we are very grateful for that. The main changes that we made due to SF were lengthening the shirts by about 1/2 an inch and relaxing the chest of the pocket tee slightly.
3. We have gone through about 6 different production facilities in LA trying to find one that can handle our requirements and volume. Part of the reason the shirts fit fluctuated a bit was because every factory puts its own imprint on the garment with regard to stitching, tolerances, etc. We are now using two producers, both of which have experience handling high-end t-shirts and knits from JP, Vince and the like.
4. We garment dye all our apparel, which is a tricky process and results in more shrinkage variation. The advantage is, everything comes out pre-shrunk with a much softer hand feel. The tolerances on garment dyed clothing are about 2x that on piece dyed, but the resulting softness is worth it in our opinion. The best t-shirts on the market are all garment dyed for this reason.
The fit on the cashmere sweaters and the second round of French terry sweatshirts should be very well matched to the t-shirt sizing and fit.
We currently have no plans for a scoop neck or a rayon shirt for men.
:(
Our SS2013 plan includes breton stripes, light outerwear and overdyed OCBDs
wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
Hey, you found the Fall Preview page! We are still working on that - you are looking at a preliminary version. Any thoughts (it's cool, it sucks, etc) would be appreciated.

Preview page looks good. Looking forward to the OCBDs. :thumbs-up:

MooseRooster

Reaction score
I like the fall preview page a lot. Assuming it will be updated with links to the product (purchase) pages when the products go live? (I know the French Terry Sweater page is already live, but the fall preview doesn't link to it). Big fan of sweaters so I'm glad to see a lot of those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads