1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

got my white v in. fit is decent, chest is tight but im sure will stretch. will buy a crew next time, v is deep for me.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

backpacks are made in china

do not want

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  3. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

^ don't worry too much about it, the construction is solid and the materials are great. My olive snap backpack is just as good as anything I've had that was made in the USA; it's really an incredible piece. It's easily worth twice the asking price.

Unless you're coming from an ideological standpoint. Which I can completely understand.

4. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Are the ties always going to be so narrow? Why not something slim, but not H&M skinny. Maybe 3"?

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I used my backpack today just to put my nintendo 3ds in it so I can get walking coins :slayer:

6. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Gray backpack should be coming tomorrow to replace my gigantic Northface that I carry to work.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

backpack to work

[​IMG]

8. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Backpack arrived... It's nice. Choosing the right backpack was probably one of the hardest decisions for me... I might stock up on a couple as gifts.

9. sleu

sleu Senior member

Thanks for the response skitlets, really wanted the blue one :( now to decide grey or olive snap...
    Anyone got pics they can put up of their packs?

10. deveandepot1

It would be really great if you guys emailed the tracking #.

11. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    3" is pretty damn wide. I don't really think they're catering to the 'conservative denim tie' crowd, you know?

12. 13k

13k Senior member

Really big +1. Placed 3 orders thus far and no tracking for either (Grabbed a few shirts for the girl, she if she likes).

13. deveandepot1

3" is the standard width for a slim tie. Anything less won't work with most lapels. You would have to wear the ties by themselves.

14. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Yeah I will post here it when it goes live.

I just got off the phone with our designer.
    The crew's neck opening is a little bit wider on this run. The body adjustments on the large didn't make it into this run, they are in the run that is being cut and sewn right now.

Thanks guys! Our original idea was to be a more grown up version of AA. The only people we saw doing that kind of thing was James Perse and we knew we could compete on quality with them and beat them on price.

We sent out the backpack mailer this morning and they are selling like bonkers. Only the clip models are left. We will for sure be making different backpacks in the future, so if you missed out on this run, don't worry, we got some good stuff coming.

I am pretty certain that there are people who buy from us like it's wholesale. Every so often we take an order of a couple of dozen tote bags or t-shirts.

Our next run of ties are going to be 2.75". I usually prefer 3" ties too, but our customers tend to skew younger and they want the slimmer ties.

SAB bridal leather briefcases are nice, but we think we beat them on comfort and utility :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    But what I'm saying is that Everlane's customer base is basically overlapped with American Apparel, who are going to want skinny ties and not the more conservative look. The exact same reason that H&M's ties are all really skinny.

16. deveandepot1

Yeah, I guess you are right. They are selling out fast.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  17. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Well played.

I work for a tech company that still acts like a start up. Very laid back.

18. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Senior member

I can't imagine working in an office where I couldn't wear whatever I want. Love laid back offices.

19. sleu

sleu Senior member

Ordered the grey snap, can't wait!

Jealous of you guys in laid back offices...working for a big blue collar corporation sucks. Trying my best to stick out XD

20. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Got the last olive/grey scarf and it's exactly what I was looking for...and the price was perfect, thanks!!