1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. heathenist

heathenist Active Member

Okay, maybe, but still, the texture doesn't look anything like any of the previous shirts, or like a shirt at all.

2. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I know, I had the same reaction.

Has anyone heard form Nan lately?

3. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

That it's a blue t-shirt, you aren't alone on this. Don't even bother replying to whats his name, it's just a waste of time and confuses the situation.

Regardless of "Fall Color ways" this is not the texture of EL t-shirts.

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

lol are you referring to me?

5. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

Nah, I see where you're coming from. It was under my desk light which is really white. Here's another pic zoomed out:

[​IMG]

Oh, and it's not fall colors, I got it back at the beginning of September.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  6. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

What color is that? I got the black which was more of a muted grey...

7. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

It's blue, but the flash makes it look a little more gray than it should. In reality it's a dark blue.

1 person likes this.
  8. MonkeyMonkey

MonkeyMonkey New Member

9. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

oxford and scarf :slayer:

3 people like this.
  10. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

The fit on the tees has been locked in, it's been a long process, which I am happy to talk about.

1. We believe in an iterative process. There is something to be said for consistency, but I think by constantly making small adjustments, we ended up in a place that everyone, especially our customers are happiest with.

2. We take feedback seriously - styleforum guys as well as our broader customer-base have been quite liberal with the offering of suggestions and complaints, and we are very grateful for that. The main changes that we made due to SF were lengthening the shirts by about 1/2 an inch and relaxing the chest of the pocket tee slightly.

3. We have gone through about 6 different production facilities in LA trying to find one that can handle our requirements and volume. Part of the reason the shirts fit fluctuated a bit was because every factory puts its own imprint on the garment with regard to stitching, tolerances, etc. We are now using two producers, both of which have experience handling high-end t-shirts and knits from JP, Vince and the like.

4. We garment dye all our apparel, which is a tricky process and results in more shrinkage variation. The advantage is, everything comes out pre-shrunk with a much softer hand feel. The tolerances on garment dyed clothing are about 2x that on piece dyed, but the resulting softness is worth it in our opinion. The best t-shirts on the market are all garment dyed for this reason.

The fit on the cashmere sweaters and the second round of French terry sweatshirts should be very well matched to the t-shirt sizing and fit.

We currently have no plans for a scoop neck or a rayon shirt for men. Our SS2013 plan includes breton stripes, light outerwear and overdyed OCBDs

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Hey, you found the Fall Preview page! We are still working on that - you are looking at a preliminary version. Any thoughts (it's cool, it sucks, etc) would be appreciated.

11. mets69x86

mets69x86 Member

i love the fall preview page. made me really excited. definitely gonna be picking up a cashmere sweater, OCBD, and a french terry or two when they drop

something interesting i found is https://www.everlane.com/collections/the-essential-belt-mens

which is different from the normal https://www.everlane.com/collections/essential-belts-mens

got me excited at first cause i thought they were thicker than 1 inch.

edit: oh also my grey snap backpack got here a few days ago. already got a bunch of compliments. my only complaint is that it makes my shirt ride up in the back a bit when i'm walking but i may just have to adjust the straps.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

All the damn time.

At this point, every time I wear a regular crew-neck I feel like it's choking me.
    :(
    Preview page looks good. Looking forward to the OCBDs. :thumbs-up:

13. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

yeah ocbd looks on point

14. MooseRooster

MooseRooster Member

I like the fall preview page a lot. Assuming it will be updated with links to the product (purchase) pages when the products go live? (I know the French Terry Sweater page is already live, but the fall preview doesn't link to it). Big fan of sweaters so I'm glad to see a lot of those.

15. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

Where?

16. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

Yeah, re the fall preview, definitely dig the layout and the OCBDs look great! Also interested in these scarves..

17. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

18. greeeeen

greeeeen Member

Any word on re-stocking dusk pocket t's or are they done forever?

19. iBsteve

iBsteve Member

fall preview looks great. definitely be copping a few of those cashmere sweaters and am waiting to try the new fit of the tees, as I felt my old ones I had proxied were way too short.

a little disappointed at reading that canada shipping wont happen until 2013 on the everlane twitter page. I'll just have to wait a little longer or go through another proxy to get those cashmere sweaters and tees.