1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

$50

2. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

yeah, I agree the Ts could have a bit more taper. and scoop neck would be nice

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Does everyone really have that much of a drop, asking for taper this and that

lol

Post a fit son!

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I've got hips like beyonce so I sorta like how they are short yet baggy at the bottom. I got a white vneck and black pocket shirt both in small, I'm 5'7 170lbs; they fit how I like. The pocket shirt fits completely different from the vneck.

5. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Considering the present shape of everlane shirts, you'd need a spongebob physique not to want a taper. My drop is only like 5", and the way it fits my chest is still quite out of proportion to the fit in the waist.

One interesting thing about this thread though-- it shows me how much everyone else is willing to put up with tees that cling to the chest. I remember one user commented on the chest fit being "spot on" and then posting a fit that depicted a mighty struggle between the shirt and his nipples. I guess that comes from a lifetime of wearing designers who think a perfect rectangle is somehow the ideal t-shirt shape. After a while, you'd probably get used to it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  6. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

How so?

7. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

They don't shrink much at all in the wash. All our fabric is pre washed. I dry them on low and I get no shrinkage. If you dry them on high and bake them, they will probably shrink some. In general, cotton shouldn't be dried to the extent that it is devoid of moisture - this damages the fiber and shortens the lifespan of the garment. Hang drying is a pain of course, but I have found that a healthy balance is drying on low so shirts come out cold, but not damp.

Yeah, we kinda had the same thought about JP shirts - great construction, good material, fantastic packaging, marketing and store design, but the fit was not to our tastes. Also, I know there's a lot of people out there who gladly shell out $60 for a basic t-shirt that they like, but I suspect many people also wait until they go on sale before purchasing.

Glad you guys dig the packs!

Thanks for the feedback Steven. Weird thing is, the leather on the tote was more expensive than the stuff on the backpack. Our designer was a on a John Varvatos kick when he chose the materials for the tote, that probably has something to do with it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Mine is much shorter and tighter in the chest.

9. deveandepot1

Where were the backpacks made? In the USA like the totes?

10. Wally

Wally Senior member

Any chance of a restock on the pocket tee's anytime soon?

11. deveandepot1

Any other items coming out this month?

12. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

The backbacks were made in China. Here's the full list of where everything is made:

All T-shirts - Los Angeles
    iPhone Covers - San Francisco
    Backpacks - China
    All Ties - New York
    Tote Bags - El Paso

Yes!
    Our warehouse received a partial shipment today as a matter of fact - We have to do some paperwork, but they should be restocked soon.

I know sweatshirts are dropping in March. They are made in the same facilities as our t-shirts.

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah it's softened up after use and I'll probably oil it a bit soon. The leather itself is not bad, just the way it was finished.

14. 510kut

510kut Senior member

Will you give us a heads up on when the restock is up?

15. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

are there any changes to the new batch of tee's?

16. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Everlane is like the new AA sans hypersexual pervert CEO

1 person likes this.
  17. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

^ I'd put them in a class higher than AA. Better quality fabrics, better quality construction.

That, and I wouldn't put them in a similar class to AA in any other way, either, except that both make basics. AA is stuck in the 80's. That and they seem to heavily cater to the hipster subculture.

It will be interesting to see how Everlane evolves over time.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  18. sleu

sleu Senior member

Will there be a restock of the Snap Backpack Navy? The fact that it's from China is a bit of a turn off, but I still want it!

19. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

No restock of this particular collection, says Nan. I'm guessing they'll do a different design in the future.

20. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

I'm pretty sure if someone bought all of the backpacks and waited a bit they could resell them all for at least $75 each...or at least I would buy them at $75 still :D