• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever see a pair of cufflinks like these?

cuffthis

Reaction score
I collect antique cufflinks that are double-sided or snap type. The double-sided ones are usually connected with a chain, bar or some other type of mechanism to hold them together. Snap ones are held together by the snap mechanism. But as the pair in the bottom left of this picture indicates, pairs were made with both of these closures at once. As a collector, I have only ever seen this type of manufacturing in several other pairs, in the thousands and thousands of pairs I have seen in my hunt for cufflinks. These may well be my favorite pair (well, unless until the next pair I acquire.................) Anyone else ever see ones like these?

mano

Reaction score
Phenomenal collection.  Is that a pair of Joe Louis cufflinks?  

In response to your question, no, I've never seen a similar pair, but I only own about five pair (over the past few years there were probably another half-dozen that I bid on at ebay but lost to you.)  

I believe you asked that question and posted all the other cufflinks just to show off.   Thanks.

cuffthis

Reaction score
[I believe you asked that question and posted all the other cufflinks just to show off.
Nah, more like laziness. I would have to remove the pair from its holder on the storage card, and I could spill my wine during the process.
laugh.gif

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure - there's a Goodwill Store in DE that has like 5000 pairs of cufflinks for $3/pr and I think they had some just like this.
cool.gif

mano

Reaction score
Cufflinks and wine? You're in Delaware and I'm outside of Philly. Decant a bottle of '82 Bordeaux and I'll be down promptly.

cuffthis

Reaction score
Cufflinks and wine?  You're in Delaware and I'm outside of Philly.  Decant a bottle of '82 Bordeaux and I'll be down promptly.
I haven't been in to wine that long to have '82 Bordeaux in my cellar. The oldest reds are a couple '85 CA cabs, most of mine are '92 and newer, save for some 1977 Ports.

But I do have some 2001 Clarendon Hills Blewitt Springs Grenache (Australian) that will put a very, very big smile on your face.

Send me a PM if interested. Love to share.

Demeter

Reaction score
I can picture those baby blue enamel (are they enamel?) links looking very nice with a light beige summer suit and checked blue and white shirt.

cuffthis

Reaction score
Do you smoke cigars?
No, but I don't mind if others around me do. And my house a great library that is perfect for a cigar and a glass (or more) of Port.

cuffthis

Reaction score
I can picture those baby blue enamel (are they enamel?) links looking very nice with a light beige summer suit and checked blue and white shirt.
Yes, the baby blue ones are enamel, on sterling. I too, like that color, which I think is even better in person.

arvi

Reaction score
never seen a pair like those..but i recognize a few in the foto that you outbid me on ebay
sad.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics