• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever Lose Something That You Really Liked?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight I lost my rope chain bracelet. Pretty good run, I had it for 3 years. The clasp was badly designed and it was destined to fall off my wrist someday. Meh, it's just stuff. Yeah, I know, you're going to flame me for having it in the first place. I liked it.
ikjkfw.jpg
And you - what have you lost?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I lost a nice pen. It wasn't one of my nicest, but it was a good pen that I enjoyed very much.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Filson zippered tote bags x2 - both at a bar (or was it on the train?) after getting shitfaced one night (over two years).
LL Bean Tote x1 - same as above.
3-5 Gustbuster umbrella - 3 in the lost bags above. 1 at the restaurant as mentioned above. A big gustbuster at a hotel after LSAT class.
Gloves
Hats
Winter Coat during winter x1 - new years 2010, went to some party with Magician. Blacked out and woke up in my apartment with no coat. It was 30 degrees or something outside
Cell Phone x2 - First time 5-6 years ago sophomore year in college lost it at a friends house after a day bbqing and horse shoes. Second time 3 years ago. Got trashed with a friend. Had my phone that night. It was no where to be found the next day (may've tossed it over the balcony)
Expensive as **** RL PL sunglasses - in LL Bean tote as above.
From this thread I started: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=222894

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A nice pen & countless sets of headphones.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yeah, I still think about her sometimes....

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My memory.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How come nobody has mentioned their v-card yet?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lost an old cross gold pencil. It was gifted to my father, then to me. I also lost an engraved gold pocket watch that was gifted from my grandfather to me (same initials). I lament losing both of them. I left the pencil on a music stand in Japan and I have no idea about the pocket watch, but probably left it at a concert hall.
frown.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
yeah, I still think about her sometimes....

frown.gif

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
ive lost countless numbers of cheap umbrellas. not no briggs or anything like that. i dont roll pretentious like that.

you have lost many opportunities with teh ladies

i lost a cufflink that i really liked i still look for it in the streets sometimes

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
meh..im married now. no regrets.

so i see your wife does read your posts
smile.gif
, i try to keep mine away from sf. nothing good could come of it

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My apartment is mysteriously missing both season 1 and 2 of my Arrested Development DVDs. The only recent guest my roommate and I have had over is her friend who has just started seeing this guy who loves AD. Also, and just for the sake of the story, her Iphone background is a picture of Buster.

Not wanting to outright accuse her of stealing, my roommate asked her if she "borrowed" the DVDs. She vehemently denies having them. I think she's lying, but there isn't much I can do. I miss my AD.
frown.gif

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
I lost a skaggen watch a couple years ago. it was before they switched to that paper thin design and while it wasn't terribly expensive visually it looked better on me than any other watch I've had or tried on.... I miss it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads