• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ever have a hostess follow you to your car?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is a first for me. Mrs. Thomas and I wanted to try a new place, so we hit a Japanese steakhouse/sushi bar that recently opened. Of course we have our trusted favorites, but this was more a matter of getting out of the house.

So we walk in to this new place and we didn't like anything about it. The lighting was dim and drab, the patrons seemed half-asleep, the circular bar was the centerpiece of the room, and it smelled. Actually, we would have forgiven the rest, but a sushi bar that smells is immediately off our list. No hostess came to greet us, so we promptly left.

We walked straight to our car and I had started the engine when I heard a knock at my car window. An asian woman holding two menus was standing there, and when I rolled my window down she said "we're open, sir".

I have never had that happen to me. Anyone else have such an experience?

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say no; that is bizarre. Did she write your tag number down? Muahahahaha..

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow - that's kind of creepy!! Funny you mention it, but I actually had a waiter follow me to my car on Friday - but this was a good experience at a local Thai restaurant. I think he was happy to get a $5 tip on a $20 carry-out order -- I was almost to my car when I heard someone running up behind me. It was the guy who took my money - he wanted to give me a coupon for 25% off my next meal there.
But your situation is decidedly creepy... what did you say to her when she said, "We're open, sir"?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, yeah, as a matter of fact, I have had a hostess follow me to my car. However, I was dating her at the time. Definitely a different situation than yours.

Do I still get to claim that as a "yes" response to your question?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Wow - that's kind of creepy!!

Funny you mention it, but I actually had a waiter follow me to my car on Friday - but this was a good experience at a local Thai restaurant. I think he was happy to get a $5 tip on a $20 carry-out order -- I was almost to my car when I heard someone running up behind me. It was the guy who took my money - he wanted to give me a coupon for 25% off my next meal there.

But your situation is decidedly creepy... what did you say to her when she said, "We're open, sir"?

Frankly I was taken aback and was off my normal manners. I told her

"I know. Thank you."

Normally I would have made up something to let her and the establishment save face, but I was surprised and had to say something.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

"I know. Thank you."

Normally I would have made up something to let her and the establishment save face, but I was surprised and had to say something.

If you wanted to help her and the establishment save face, you could have said "I know, but I just sharted my pants, I need to go home and change"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Sounds creepy. I expect you'll be locking your doors when you drive past from now on.

They're on the freeway but their general area is seldom a destination for me, so I've nothing to fear. I hope.

Originally Posted by Milhouse
Well, yeah, as a matter of fact, I have had a hostess follow me to my car. However, I was dating her at the time. Definitely a different situation than yours.

Do I still get to claim that as a "yes" response to your question?

Hmmm. Slightly different circumstance, but I guess technically that's a yes.

Much lower on the creepy-scale, though.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you wanted to help her and the establishment save face, you could have said "I know, but I just sharted my pants, I need to go home and change"

You obviously mistake me for someone who keeps his wits about him under extreme duress.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and it smelled.

"I know, but I just sharted my pants, I need to go home and change"

Apparently, he may not have been that out of place in there if he really did shart.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have mistaken you for someone that would bring the wife to a Fatburger to celebrate the wedding anniversary. I hope you forgive me.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I have mistaken you for someone that would bring the wife to a Fatburger to celebrate the wedding anniversary. I hope you forgive me.

Fatburger > smelly, dirty sushi bar

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy

true. nothing good comes out of eating somewhere that smells like fish.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

We have no Fatburger near us
And by near, I mean anywhere in Texas.

Actually we've pretty well sworn off fast food but once in a while she'll avail herself of McD or Sonic. Drives me freaking batty when she does that.

Originally Posted by Stazy

True dat. That's why we turned on our heel and walked out.

true. nothing good comes out of eating somewhere that smells like fish.

Oh I think Mrs. Thomas might beg to differ.

Mauby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"I know. Thank you."

Thomas, I'm disappointed that you didn't say anything more witty. Your comments on here make me laugh all the time.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40