• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever got in a fight?

metkirk

Reaction score
So I was at this frat party tonight, my friend got into a verbal fight with some douchebag frat boys and they were kicking us off their property. I was a hair close to fighting with this huge asshole who's 10 times bigger than I am. We left the party and then I went back with 2 empty bottles ready to smack the **** out of the frat boy and he was completely sober, being all nice like nothing happened wtf! ****** night. Anyway, share your experience if you please.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
So someone was being nice and asking you to leave their house/party and because you were drunk you wanted to come back and upside their face with a bottle?

Who's the douchebag?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah dude I hate frat guys who are douchebags as much as the next guy, but it was their property and they asked you to leave. And then the guy was nice to you.
confused.gif

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only fights I got into were in Jr High and I think it was 3. I lost 1 and won two. The one I lost was a 2 on 1 so I had no chance. The last person I punched was a pick-pocket so it wasn't really a fight. I hit him square in the mouth and cut my hand. He fell down then ran off. That was in 2001.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
The only fights I got into were in Jr High and I think it was 3. I lost 1 and won two. The one I lost was a 2 on 1 so I had no chance. The last person I punched was a pick-pocket so it wasn't really a fight. I hit him square in the mouth and cut my hand. He fell down then ran off. That was in 2001.

The most physical (as an adult) I've got was with a pickpocket in Florence. He was drunk/high/stoned/doped up and I shoved him, he stumbled back and then triped backwards on the curb to the sidewalk. Luckily about 15 seconds later some police came walking around the corner.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
The most physical (as an adult) I've got was with a pickpocket in Florence. He was drunk/high/stoned/doped up and I shoved him, he stumbled back and then triped backwards on the curb to the sidewalk. Luckily about 15 seconds later some police came walking around the corner.

i wasn't quite as lucky. These guys (4) were pros who worked a big market in Madrid. The only reason they failed was because they were going after my dad and didn't realize I was with them as I was about 5 feet behind and saw the whole set up.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hugly bad idea to go back to somebodies house armed with bottles to mess them up. this is jail/law suit/ getting killed waiting to happen.

I have never been in a real fight, since more or less I was 22 or so. a couple of attempted muggings, and a large number of physical confrontations that were work related.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive gotten into a few but its been years.

Ones i was a party in have all been because of girls lol, a couple where i had to stick up for friends. Got ****** kicked very bad once. That feeling is one of the worst ive ever experienced. I was mad for weeks after.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O here we go... can't even the imagine the bullshit that's about to be said.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
O here we go... can't even the imagine the bullshit that's about to be said.

I gave up fighting for my violin career.

lurker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
hugly bad idea to go back to somebodies house armed with bottles to mess them up. this is jail/law suit/ getting killed waiting to happen.

I have never been in a real fight, since more or less I was 22 or so. a couple of attempted muggings, and a large number of physical confrontations that were work related.

work-related physical confrontations? who started it? Did anything happen to the instigator(s) afterwards? I thought companies would be stricter and more draconian about physical confrontations at work.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lurker
work-related physical confrontations? who started it? Did anything happen to the instigator(s) afterwards? I thought companies would be stricter and more draconian about physical confrontations at work.

You don't know globe well, do you?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never. Not since elementary school at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads