• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever got in a fight?

SieurDeLaSalle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
So I was at this frat party tonight, my friend got into a verbal fight with some douchebag frat boys and they were kicking us off their property. I was a hair close to fighting with this huge asshole who's 10 times bigger than I am. We left the party and then I went back with 2 empty bottles ready to smack the **** out of the frat boy and he was completely sober, being all nice like nothing happened wtf! ****** night. Anyway, share your experience if you please.
Glad no one got hurt or dirty...
plain.gif

migo

Reaction score
The last one I remember was in 11th grade...some kid was bothering me/being a general douchebag so I punched him in the face.

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
The last one I remember was in 11th grade...some kid was bothering me/being a general douchebag so I punched him in the face.
Charming. I tend to think of SF members carrying concealed weapons in custom holsters. hmmm...Maybe that's Ask Andy. It's always good to get the **** beat out of you once in your life. The experience is humbling. You realise the need for a small hand gun or, at least, better skill at talking your way through tense situations.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
The most physical (as an adult) I've got was with a pickpocket in Florence. He was drunk/high/stoned/doped up and I shoved him, he stumbled back and then triped backwards on the curb to the sidewalk. Luckily about 15 seconds later some police came walking around the corner.

Beware Tucker Carlson.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Once, when I was playing in the World Cup Finals, this dirty Italian insulted my mother and called me a terrorist. I head-butted him in the chest.

zellari

Reaction score
I used to get in fights all the time my first year of high school. Won most but not all. I was at an all boys school so I think this fighting thing was just to establish yourself as a non push-over.

Then all was fight free until I was 35 when some drunk jerk at a bar starting harrassing some friends. Just a bunch of pushing and shoving. It was amazing how quickly it got out of control.
Lesson: It is just better to walk away. I am not in HS anymore, I probably wouldn't bounce back as easily.
Peace.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
If it was in the 80s and they were irish, they probably deserved it. I missed an IRA bombing by about 5 minutes while i was in england once.

Go *************.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Go *************.

I'm not going to weigh in on either side but GQgeek, I would've thought you'd been around here long enough to know that saying anything about the Irish to Conne is almost as bad an idea as suggesting that SoCal hem his pants longer.

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by caelte
Charming.

In all fairness, the "being a general douchebag" part wasn't just verbal

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Go *************.

He might as well, no one else will.

Once, I went to the movies to watch Steven Seagal in "Hard to Kill" and all of a sudden the screen goes black. I went up to the projection room to see what had happened as I was mad as hell since we were in the middle of one of Seagal's classic kick ass Aikodo scenes and lo and behold I find the projector operator out cold on the ground and some dude taking a scissor to the film. I grab the dude's arm, he turn's around and it's Chuck Norris!!! He blindsides me with a backwards roundhouse kick and I bump my face on a table and fall to the ground, mu mouth busted open. I tasted my blood, wiped my mouth, got up and told Chuck, "It's on now, *****". Took off my shirt, shoes and socks, cracked my knuckles and I went at him, faking an upper right punch but instead going with a leg sweep. Now he falls to the ground, I attemp to take advantage by jumping down right at his sternum knee first but he gets out of the way and instead I go knee first into the ground. I'm on the floor holding my knee and he tries to kick me but little does he know that I have the reflexes of a cat and I grab his leg, twist him around and simutaneously jump up and kick him in the back of the head in a move known as "frog goes to house and steals cheese". I waste no time, knowing that he will be up quickly, and I follow up with a double backside thrust kick known as "horse sweeps ocean". I land the kick right on his back and send him flying head first into a wall. He undoes himself from the wall is ready to come at me but now we both here a bunch of footsteps coming up the stairs. Not wanting to be caught by others at a Steven Seagal movie, he forgets about me, dives through the porthole used for the projector, somersaults onto the theater floor and runs out the door before anyone can really see him or get him. 5-6 guys and some cops come through the door, asked me what happened and who was that, I tell them that they would not believe me if I told them and I grabbed some splicing tape, put the movie back together and went back to my seat to watch the rest of it.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
He might as well, no one else will.

Once, I went to the movies....

You have far too much time on your hands.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Ed, I realize it was a joke, but you really should watch what you say about Chuck. Anyway,

There were actually several fights in law school, which was pretty surprising. Of course, three involved one guy, so that's probably abnormal.

Haven't been in a fight since college but had a weird experience a few days ago. I repeatedly glared at a rather large guy who was practically screaming on a sales call in the hotel lobby. I was trying to eat breakfast and read the paper and this douchebag is screaming out the performance specs of plastic tubing and annoying everyone.
He came over after his call and asked if I had "some kinda problem with him". He had a pretty threatening posture and was standing over me as I sat down. I thought I was about to get ****** beat (I'm 6'2, he was just as tall, but about fifty pounds heavier), but figured honesty was the best policy. I calmly told him the entire hotel could overhear his conversation and it was really disruptive.
The weird thing is he just said "Oh, my bad" and walked off. That's the second time that's happened to me in a month.

Jimsonweed

Reaction score
I'm a really laid back person (sometimes to a fault), but the one occasion where I was roused to violence occurred on a road in the outskirts of Fallujah where my humvee driver decided it would be funny to deliberately swerve in order to run over a dog on the road. After deciding that a swift butt-stock to the head might cause driving difficulties that would negatively impact me as well, I waited furiously until we arrived back on base. After dropping my pistol, I grabbed the bastard and wrestled him to the ground until he was basically immobilized and spit right in his face a few times, asking if he felt like a big man. I figured this would be more effective than punches, because to a Marine even losing a fight is preferable to being rendered helpless. Ultimately, I was choked out from behind by his buddy, but I think I got my point across.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Once, I went to the movies to watch Steven Seagal in "Hard to Kill" and all of a sudden the screen goes black. I went up to the projection room to see what had happened as I was mad as hell since we were in the middle of one of Seagal's classic kick ass Aikodo scenes and lo and behold I find the projector operator out cold on the ground and some dude taking a scissor to the film. I grab the dude's arm, he turn's around and it's Chuck Norris!!! He blindsides me with a backwards roundhouse kick and I bump my face on a table and fall to the ground, mu mouth busted open. I tasted my blood, wiped my mouth, got up and told Chuck, "It's on now, *****". Took off my shirt, shoes and socks, cracked my knuckles and I went at him, faking an upper right punch but instead going with a leg sweep. Now he falls to the ground, I attemp to take advantage by jumping down right at his sternum knee first but he gets out of the way and instead I go knee first into the ground. I'm on the floor holding my knee and he tries to kick me but little does he know that I have the reflexes of a cat and I grab his leg, twist him around and simutaneously jump up and kick him in the back of the head in a move known as "frog goes to house and steals cheese". I waste no time, knowing that he will be up quickly, and I follow up with a double backside thrust kick known as "horse sweeps ocean". I land the kick right on his back and send him flying head first into a wall. He undoes himself from the wall is ready to come at me but now we both here a bunch of footsteps coming up the stairs. Not wanting to be caught by others at a Steven Seagal movie, he forgets about me, dives through the porthole used for the projector, somersaults onto the theater floor and runs out the door before anyone can really see him or get him. 5-6 guys and some cops come through the door, asked me what happened and who was that, I tell them that they would not believe me if I told them and I grabbed some splicing tape, put the movie back together and went back to my seat to watch the rest of it.
Whatever *****, I am Steven Seagal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads