1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ever find yourself ridiculously overdressed? to the point of being inappropriate?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MillionaireTeacher, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Maximator

Maximator Senior member

I've only felt really overdressed once, ant that strangely enough was at a Chinese wedding. Not knowing what to expect(I'd had been in country less than a month), I dressed up as formally as I thought was needed, meaning suit and tie. When I arrived at the venue I was rather shocked when I saw that most people where just wearing their everyday clothes, which included hotpants for the ladies, slacks, trainers, shorts and Tshirt etc for the men. I never felt so awkwardly overdressed in my life.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I often feel overdressed at funerals and viewings. There have been several times when I was one of the only ones or only one wearing a suit. Nonetheless, I would never go to one of these occasions dressed casually.

3. wojt

wojt Senior member

Both are very formal events in my country(for some only time a year they would put on a suit) so I can't imagine being overdressed in a situation like this. But tbh I'd feel more odd being the only guy underdressed than being only guy without a suit/jacket. trying to hard > peasant

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013