• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever Find Yourself Down about Clothing

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm already searching for my lost sock behind her bed in my mind. Hope you're not too displaced...

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tagutcow is down... about clothing!

In short order I had a jacket ganked at a club and tore a 4" hole in my SFx5EPs. Granted, I only paid $28 for the jacket, but it was irreplacable, and more importantly, I liked it. The hole in my jeans ran from an inch down my thigh to under my right buttock. My momz was able to patch it from the inside, and I guess if I go over the weft threads with a magic marker, nobody would relly be able to notice, but it still got me upset.

It's almost enough to make me question the wisdom of paying more than $100 on any piece of clothing.

I keep buying things off the internet, and returning almost all of it. I keep imagining fits based on things I see on the internet, but none of it ever looks the way I imagine it.

I haven't worn anything remotely WAYWT-worthy in ages, even by my own lowly standards. Last night I played pool wearing a plain drab-colored JC penney t-shirt, washed nudies, and Dunks with chartreuse laces that look like something an 8 year old would wear. Thoroughly mediocre. If any SF member would have seen me, they would have facepalmed.

Meh, if I were smart I would tuck away some money for those Wolverine boots and lay low until next fall.

I'm down! About clothing!

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Damn that sucks, especially about the (rare I think) jeans. Don't let that get you down.
fing02[1].gif

I'm a little pissed because my ghAyPCs are now too short and only come in waist size, no long inseam. They also never shrunk back after a wash, making an imo ugly ass carrot fit. I'm also pissed because I don't live in NYC to find all these "SF approved brands".

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I'm down about not being able to find an interview suit that I would enjoy wearing, except one that I have been saving for but am having last minute hesitancy about because it costs 700 dollars and I'm not 100% sure will fit properly because it's a suit and I haven't tried it on. I hesitated on a suit on the bay yesterday and am now regretting it.

If I could get a 44R 2 button PRL by Corneliani for 500 bucks in navy I would be oh so happy.

JaPo

Reaction score
I care a great deal about how I look, and arguably have 'inferiority complex' when it comes to my clothes.

I have very few items of clothing (literally a handful or so of shirts), yet am constantly speculating about future purchases and the looks I like.

Many days I'm dissatisfied with how I look when I walk out of the door and, however much it bothers me, it stresses me out too much to make real changes.

It's pretty ******* irrational, and quite out of character, but it is an issue. It's not the kind of all-consuming depression which engulfs your every waking thought, but a perpetual twinge of disappointment with my own possessions.

Should probably just, uh, buy some clothes.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually feel good about getting some decent clothing since fall of last year. For years I would look into my closet and think "well that sure is a lot of crap." None of it fit, and it looked very dated. I am much happier now. : )

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
My name is jet and I'm suffering from clothing purchase withdrawal.

I haven't copped anything in months.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I actually feel good about getting some decent clothing since fall of last year. For years I would look into my closet and think "well that sure is a lot of crap." None of it fit, and it looked very dated. I am much happier now. : )

Please show a little consideration for the commiserators in this thread and stop taunting us with your sartorial contentment.

clarity

Reaction score
I pick favorites with the clothes I have. So I'll have to be all "ok do not wear that shirt again...you wore it too many times last month." Then I'll hide it in the back of my closet and for the rest of the day I'll silently criticize my current shirt about why it isn't as cool as the other one(even though it may even be the same brand/size)
patch[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics