• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ever felt you cannot get a buzz....

Bouji

Reaction score
I woke up at midday, put a Pizza in the oven and had a strong gin and tonic and ate the pizza after.
Then I opened a bottle of Vosne-Romanee and nursed that for the afternoon.
Cooked a steak and some mashed potatoes.
Popped to get some cigars and also picked up a bottle of triple sec.
Made my own take on Lynchburg lemonade with Woodford reserve, triple sec, lemon juice and san pellegrino lemon soda.
Had two of these, then baked a croissant with ham and cheese.
Had one more of 'that' Lynchburg lemonade.
Had two glasses of an AOC Nuits Saint Georges.
Had three Montecristo No. 4s over several hours.
At this stage my hair stank of smoke, but still sober.
Now, 1.30am and am nursing my second Monkey Shoulder, still sober... What gives?... The objective was to get hammered on my day off...

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
We've already established that you are a serious alcoholic. I don't know how you can drink that much and not feel ANYTHING.

If you must continue, switch over to straight 100-proof whiskey or something.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
^You're one to talk Conne.
When you were here and we were drinking, you were certainly acting like an idiot, but I got the feeling it was on purpose more than it was you being actually drunk. I was having trouble walking and talking and you seemed like you hadn't had anything more than a beer or two.

Bouji

Reaction score
Seriously, I feel a little relaxed from the cigars, but as far as the alcohol goes I'm not feeling anything. I don't know whether its the cigars canceling out the alcohol or its the fact that the drinking has been spread over such a long period.
My girlfriend was calling repeatedly until around 10pm wondering how I'd managed to do 'nothing' (she doesn't know I've been drinking) all day...

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
Seriously, I feel a little relaxed from the cigars, but as far as the alcohol goes I'm not feeling anything. I don't know whether its the cigars canceling out the alcohol or its the fact that the drinking has been spread over such a long period.

It's the fact that you've been drinking over an extended period. Whenever I drink over a long period of time, peppered with water and/or coffee, I usually don't feel drunk at all toward the end. If I really want to get hammered, then I'd down a few shots in a short period of time. Then, I'd just go and pass out.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're fine, 6 drinks and a bottle of wine spread out over the day would'nt dent me either... I'm guessing that you're a fair drinker anyways so this should'nt come as a surprise...

A year or two ago I had the same feeling when going out drinking with my frat buddies, in the end they would get drunk and I would feel that I was just getting started, which is really a bad sign...Two talks later I got the hint and cut back the going out nights to once a week and stopped drinking during weekdays.....The second part only lasted for a couple of months

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bouji - you ate far too much for the alcohol to have an effect. Next time do as my friends do - just a light snack here and there to save room for the beer/wine/spirits.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I forgot how awesome drinking during the day is - sucks having a job and being in school full time.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Man, I forgot how awesome drinking during the day is - sucks having a job and being in school full time.

Drinking during the day is awesome, except for when you start early and go out that night, because you can start getting really tired-drunk.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love days of constant grazing and drinking. We sometimes have days that start with Bloody Marys with a light brunch, to beers with a bit of grazing for late Dim Sum, to a light dinner with a couple of bottles of wine. There might be a bit of parma ham, cheese and olives spaced in there. We dont get pissed off of it, but fall into a beautiful food and booze haze which carries us through meeting with friends here, and other friends there...

K

Lucky7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
I love days of constant grazing and drinking. We sometimes have days that start with Bloody Marys with a light brunch, to beers with a bit of grazing for late Dim Sum, to a light dinner with a couple of bottles of wine. There might be a bit of parma ham, cheese and olives spaced in there. We dont get pissed off of it, but fall into a beautiful food and booze haze which carries us through meeting with friends here, and other friends there...

K

Yes, or the other can happen. You can get out of control, drunk. I have experienced both. I hate them both for several reasons ...

Mauby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a reoccurring nightmare that I drink a substantial amount and not get a buzz. I thank God when I wake up and realize it's a dream, and subsequently reach for the Jack D.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky7
You can get out of control, drunk.

That's called an unexpected bonus.

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FrankDrebben
Keep us posted about the Hangover...

Today, a work day, I got home at 5, had one of 'those' Lynchburg lemonades, and am now on my 4th G&T.
I'm fittingly hammered.... Yesterday was a bit of a disappointment..

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40