1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Bump Into Someone With Same Clothes?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by stuartSan, Jun 14, 2007.

1. stuartSan

stuartSan Well-Known Member

I'm a Topman fan (mainly due to the fact that they make shirts that fit short people like me perfect). The thing is, a lot of other people buy Topman shirts and I tend to bump into people wearing same shirts pretty damn often.

What do you guys do to avoid this? Go for basic shirts? Go for other brands? Thrift?

2. mbc

mbc Senior member

Once I dressed up as Don Johnson for an 80s party and there were a dozen other guys in the same outfit.

3. jet

jet Senior member

Doesn't happen b/c I wear baller clothes.

Either that or I say nice shirt so I'm really complimenting myself.

4. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

haha yea it doesnt happen to me either
    wait it did once...it was that trovata hoodie...It was a mistake buying it...i havnt really worn it more then once and the one time I did some tool on campus was wearing one too. Other than that it never happens

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

Happened once with a t-shirt, never again.

6. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I ran into someone who had the exact same corduroy sport coat as me... it created a fun little discussion! [​IMG]

7. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

I once bought a corduroy coat from H&M here in Berlin. I brought it with me on a trip to London thinking they'll probably have a different inventory ha-ha and the first tube ride resulted in a trauma--- there were THREE of us in the same car wearing the same jacket, in the same colour. There was nothing left to do but shrug it off. Anything else would've been desperate. I mean, what do you expect for 39 euros?

8. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

It rarely happens, but when it does I take solace in the fact that I'm wearing it better than that other schmuck, which makes him the loser, not me. [​IMG]

9. mano

mano Senior member

Once I dressed up as Don Johnson for an 80s party and there were a dozen other guys in the same outfit.

I once dressed up as Fred Flintstone for a Halloween party and there was another FF there. My outfit was better, though.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

That's why for halloween costumes, i try to make it original, or an idea that's hard to pull off so no one else will be doing it. No one else was dressed as a legend of the hidden temple character except for my friend who was on the same team obviously. Team shirt, gold helmet, knee/elbow pads and all.

I've never ran into someone with the exact same thing, but similar things to where it's relatively noticeable. Sometimes off in color, but similar clothes like dark jeans, white tshirt and hoodie. Also, people wearing western plaid shirts.

11. Gilead

Gilead Senior member

Someone was wearing the exact same threadless shirt as me at a gig, I kept my hoodie zipped up the entire time.

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

Happened a couple times, which I get annoyed by. Saw someone wearing the same Kermit Dunks as me on campus. Also a few times wearing the ash/aqua dunks. A couple of times wearing the same hooded jacket from H&M, but mine is black and his was green.

13. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

Chances of it happening in Vancouver are exactly 0... so no.

For that matter, apart from my Diors and W+H (which I'll be selling soon) I buy stuff that most people here and on SuFu don't buy.

14. Gunner

Gunner New Member

I bought an American Eagle shirt a couple of months ago (it fit nice so I bought it). I wear it a couple weeks later. A guy in my 830am class has on the same shirt. Small class and really noticable that we have the same shirt on.

Last class of the day 230. Same guy same shirt. My presentation starts a debate/argument. The prof silences everyone and im getting ready to continue. Out of no where this guy yells out, super pissed off, 'Nice shirt.' And everyone spent a few minutes laughing at our expense.

As if we didn't already look stupid enough.

The shirt is no in the garbage and I will never buy from American Eagle again. As it proves every douchebag on campus will have the exact same thing.

15. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I know a kid who has a couple of the same shoes/shirts that I have, I try not to wear them if I know he'll be around.

16. robin

robin Senior member

It has happened a few times and I don't really care. I usually say something like, "hey, nice jeans", or "hey, nice shirt", etc. It gets a laugh out of everyone involved and we go on with our days.

17. VMan

VMan Senior member

I went to H&M today and happened to be wearing (somewhat distinct) shorts that I purchased there on an earlier trip.

As I was checking out, the guy next to me was wearing the same exact shorts!

At first I was like OMG! Then I was like WTF!?! Then I was like LOL! Then I was all like SMD!

18. kronik

kronik Senior member

At first I was like OMG! Then I was like WTF!?! Then I was like LOL! Then I was all like SMD!

Awesome.

19. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

once saw an actor in a movie wearing my sport coat.

20. Dirk Benedict

Dirk Benedict Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I've come to the shop (CONTEXT) on several occasions to find Sam wearing the same jeans & Tee combo. I keep a small closet in our studio for this reason.