1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Event in 2 weeks....Some advise needed!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Dnsource, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

I am going to a fashion show event this month for the school of my special needs clients. It's a huge Fundraiser they have every year. Due to the diffent trips of people this event attracts and it is during the day you get a little bit of everything when it comes to attire. My wife and I usually dress up nice, she wore a long satin dress last year(she was also 9months pregnant this was her baby shower dress) and I wore dress pants and a matching jacket, maybe a tie? This year I plan on wearing a grey suit from express it also has a vest ( I know I have a lot to learn) and would like suggestions on how to pair it off.

I also have a black express suit with pinstripes... This might not work since it's a day time event.

Thanks
    J

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Stick with the grey suit, pair with brown shoes. Not sure on shirt and tie, but you have room for some creativity, being a fashion show event. Hopefully someone else can comment on the rest.

3. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

Thank I'll defiantly work on the brown shoes. I'm not to worried, it's not like a New York fashion show, it's more of a performance for the kids.

4. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

5. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think a forest green tie is a particularly attractive option with a grey suit.

6. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO][​IMG] [​IMG] This is a cheap modern fit style suit from express. I bought the pocket square and To Boot shoes yesterday. I will put it on later when I get back from work so you guys can see the fit. What shirt and tie combo would look good with this? Opinions????

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  7. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

don't really care for the pocket square with that suit.

I like gingham shirts, so maybe a purple gingham with a solid color tie?

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

9. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Its a fashion show. While I like the navy, white, grey combo (wore it yesterday), I feel like a little more pizzaz is in order for a fashion oriented event.

10. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

Here's what I would do if you want to have some 'pizazz'. Firstly, I like the shoes a lot you did well. I think that color works well with a light grey. Make sure you match the belt at least somewhat (Doesn't have to be exact). I don't like the pocket square to be honest. I would do a light blue micro-gingham pattern (almost solid light blue) shirt with a solid forest green or very subdued pattern forest green tie. Finish it off with an off-white pocket square (or none at all) and you'd really look sharp!

11. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

OK, so the pocket square is going back lol . Should I order online or can I find the shirt somewhere local??... I am from Miami, Fl. As far as the tie and pocket square, do you recommend any sites to get them from or should I stay local?

Saw this on a post:
    [​IMG]
    Looks like a fun combo. But would it be right for this event?

12. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I'd look at www.thetiebar.com. Each tie $15, pocket squares are $8, the quality is good (not hermes or drakes good, but good nonetheless), and they have hundreds of choices in color/pattern/fabric/texture.

13. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

14. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

15. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

That's a nice tie. Its more like a navy color? I'll probably have to switch up the light blue shirt color which cioni2k mention because I feel it will be too much blue. Possibly a light pink??

16. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

17. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

Quote:I'm diggin the pink tie!

18. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

19. Dnsource

Dnsource Active Member

20. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

u have agreat start with the suit and shoes. great canvas....you have a lot of room to play! it's a fashion event. don't make ur look too biz...