1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Evening KY Derby party clothing question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kpp80202, Nov 2, 2012.

1. kpp80202

kpp80202 New Member

So, I have been going to an annual evening cocktails+dinner+dancing fundraiser for years that has always been black tie, which has made dressing for it easy. Normally, it has a theme, like the Great Gatsby or Mardi Gras, but most people stick with tuxes and little black/red/? dresses. I just got notice that next May's party will be a Kentucky Derby theme. I'm from KY, and wouldn't be adverse to changing things up this year. Women are encouraged to wear hats, etc. I assume I can wear my tux again, but it seems that I wouldn't "match" my wife in a dress with a hat. What suggestions do you have for me? Should I wear a hat of some sort? If so, what with? I'm normally pretty conservative with dress, but could get a little out of my comfort zone for this. Thoughts?

Kevin

2. wimsey

wimsey New Member

How far out of your comfort zone do you want to get? A classic look would be a white (or cream) linen suit, spectator shoes, a white shirt, and a ribbon/string tie. With a white hat.

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Thought you said that you are from KY.....
    Shouldn't this be easy???

4. kpp80202

kpp80202 New Member

When I lived in KY, I was too young to go to such parties. Now, the party idea is nostalgic...

What are spectator shoes?