1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Even Ralph gets it way, way wrong at times

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by cuffthis, May 10, 2005.

1. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

Other than the obvious NBA draft thoughts, the other thing that came to mind to wear with this would be one of those short sleeve dress shirts Flusser is recommending now (but only is you have sexy elbows, of course) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....95&rd=1

2. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

That is just hideous.

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I think this was from 2001 - the PL runway show was full of these. They were horrible then and still are today.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It has an interesting Edwardian feel to it, which is what RL was going for that season, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me again.

I don't have enough money to buy costumes, though, so I certainly wouldn't buy it.

5. kabert

kabert Senior member

Do I just have really bad taste?? If you lose one of the buttons, or perhaps just don't button all four (.), I think it would be a rather nice suit. Not something to wear to a meeting with conservative clients, but really I don't see what's so bad about it.

6. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

It would make one look like a great brown refrigerator, with some circular magnets stuck to the front.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

That particular double-breasted item was featured in a spread in Arena Homme Plus Fall/Winter 2004.

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Is anyone still wearing double-breasted other than the armed forces?

9. kabert

kabert Senior member

(kabert @ May 10 2005,13:50) Do I just have really bad taste?? Â If you lose one of the buttons, or perhaps just don't button all four (.), I think it would be a rather nice suit. Â Not something to wear to a meeting with conservative clients, but really I don't see what's so bad about it.
    It would make one look like a great brown refrigerator, with some circular magnets stuck to the front.
    I think the suit is charcoal not brown (description calls it black). But, I see what you're saying - it won't show much shirt and tie when worn I suppose.

10. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

(Edward Appleby @ May 10 2005,16:37)
    Do I just have really bad taste?? Â If you lose one of the buttons, or perhaps just don't button all four (.), I think it would be a rather nice suit. Â Not something to wear to a meeting with conservative clients, but really I don't see what's so bad about it.
    I think the suit is charcoal not brown (description calls it black). Â But, I see what you're saying - it won't show much shirt and tie when worn I suppose.
    Well that, and it completely fails to suggest any sort of shoulder breadth or hourglass shape

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

yes...