• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eurotrip

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love Eurotrip... just rewatching it again on cinemax... such a kickass movie.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the confessional scene, always wanted to do that as a young lad, but was afraid I would get caught, should have tried to talk my wife into it at the Vatican when were there, yeah like that would happen....the beach scene was funny as hell...and I loved the nightclub in was it Russia or something...not to mention Michelle Trachtenberg is hot and so is Kristin Kreuk and Jessica Boehrs.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think Harold & Kumar go to white castle is my favorite college/stoner movie.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I think Harold & Kumar go to white castle is my favorite college/stoner movie.
Animal House has only ever (recently?) been challengened by Old School, IMHO.

Tom

alaaro

Reaction score
I agree on Old School. Harold and Kumar is pretty solid too. Van Wilder rocks also. I can watch these movies over and over. Never gets old.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Eurotrip... just rewatching it again on cinemax... such a kickass movie.
I loved it
biggrin.gif
I love movies like that. Old School, Road Trip, etc. etc. Only thing I thought was a bit pathetic was that they shot pretty much all the city scenes in Prague. Even when they were pretending to be in London, Paris or Amsterdam. The general audience probably wouldn't have noticed but when you visit these cities quite regularly it's something different. But that was pretty much the only negative comment I have on this movie.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, they usually used a couple shots that were obviously from the city in question, then shot the rest in Prague, I noticed that as well...

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Miami Ywice, NUMBER ONE NEW SHOW." I love the whole Bratslavian part. And I've used the, "This isn't were I parked my car" line... A.
When that hotel employee gets that tip, a nickel. Slaps his boss and starts his own business
biggrin.gif
I liked the bit in the club too.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Brian SD @ Feb. 04 2005,20:02) I think Harold & Kumar go to white castle is my favorite college/stoner movie.
Animal House has only ever (recently?) been challengened by Old School, IMHO. Tom
though old school was funny, nothing will walk the line next to AH, AH almost totally represented the old school party atmosphere of the college frat life of the late 60's and early 70's, a little overemphasized maybe, but it was more free willed than now

TimelessRider

Reaction score
I'm more a Porky's man myself. It's a very risque rendition of college life. I saw it several years before I even heard of Animal House though Porky's came out a few years after AH.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Old School seems pretty anti-frat, which is partly why I like it. I'm not interested in learning more about frat life, I think they're plenty marsupialed as it is.

Mike

Reaction score
Old School seems pretty anti-frat, which is partly why I like it. I'm not interested in learning more about frat life, I think they're plenty marsupialed as it is.
A friend of mine is in a frat, he's like the only frat guy I can stand, partly because we were friends before he went over to the dark side. He goes on about how the frat guys love "Old School." I've tried many times to explain how the whole movie is anti-frat, and how they are just tearing apart the whole frat system but they don't get it.

Oh yeah, Porky's is about kids in high school, not college.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(Brian SD @ Feb. 09 2005,17:46) Old School seems pretty anti-frat, which is partly why I like it. I'm not interested in learning more about frat life, I think they're plenty marsupialed as it is.
A friend of mine is in a frat, he's like the only frat guy I can stand, partly because we were friends before he went over to the dark side. He goes on about how the frat guys love "Old School." I've tried many times to explain how the whole movie is anti-frat, and how they are just tearing apart the whole frat system but they don't get it. Oh yeah, Porky's is about kids in high school, not college.
I propose that Mike is in reality a German woman named Mieke.
biggrin.gif
Jon.

Mike

Reaction score
I propose that Mike is in reality a German woman named Mieke.
Hate to burst your bubble, but wrong. What's funny is that my housemate's girlfriend who lives with us IS a German woman named Mieke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads