Eurotrip

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by drizzt3117, Feb 4, 2005.

1. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

I truly take offense and resemble that comment.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

awesome film. saw it 2x in theaters and about 100+x on dvd....and i never get bored of it.

fav parts are the London scenes.....Vinnie Jones+the Jam playing in background=good cinema

and the healthy doses of T&A make this A-OK

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Well-Known Member

4. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

fra·ter·ni·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fr-tûrn-t)
    n. pl. fra·ter·ni·ties
    A body of people associated for a common purpose or interest, such as a guild.
    A group of people joined by similar backgrounds, occupations, interests, or tastes: the fraternity of bird watchers.
    A chiefly social organization of men students at a college or university, usually designated by Greek letters.
    A sodality.
    The quality or condition of being brothers; brotherliness.

More than anything, a group of college guys drinking and partying and trying to get laid...oh and trying to graduate...normally overly embelished children given too much by parents....me not being the case, I was born a poor redneck child. Hail Tau Kappa Epsilon xi-chi, Teke for life.

5. Richie_Rich

ok, got it. Got those people here in Holland also. Very annoying (hilarious?) most of the time [​IMG]

6. Richie_Rich

Hmm.. seen the movie today. Have the same point as Huey, it's filmed on one location which is a bit of an negative point [​IMG]

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Saw Eurotrip last night.  Perhaps this is a sign of getting old, but I found it amusing rather than laugh-out-loud hilarious.  For me, the funniest movie from recent memory is About A Boy.

On a side note, did it bother anyone else that Scotty was getting a custom suit made in Bratislava but that the suit sleeves (as seen at the club) were clearly too long?  I suppose that there is not a great tailoring tradition in the former East Germany . . .

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Bratislava is in part of the former Czechslovakia, but I agree there isn't much of a tailoring tradition there. Kind of interesting that Bush/Putin are meeting there today though.

9. spatten

spatten Senior member

Apparently "Scotty doesn't know". That song was my favourite part of the movie.

10. Slovak123

Slovak123 New Member

Bratislava is in part of the former Czechslovakia, but I agree there isn't much of a tailoring tradition there. Kind of interesting that Bush/Putin are meeting there today though.

You all dont know what we have here. We have created some of the greatest clothing so dont judge it because of a movie. None of those people were slovak or cech not even the setting it was some stupid studio @!

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

You all dont know what we have here. We have created some of the greatest clothing so dont judge it because of a movie. None of those people were slovak or cech not even the setting it was some stupid studio @!

WTF? Dude, your first post on this forum is this? Seriously? I smell troll.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jon.

12. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Eurotrip was pretty damn funny. I always use the line from the sleazy Italian guy: "escuze, escuze". But, I have to say that my all time college/stoner movie is Road Trip. Something about that movie just makes me crack up. Old School and Harold & Kumar were pretty solid too. I wasn't a big fan of Van Wilder.

13. Hanseat

Hanseat Senior member

I propose that Mike is in reality a German woman named Mieke.

[​IMG]

Jon.

That was one of the things... I think they meant Meike, which is a fairly common name for women in their 50's... Anyway

Naturally, what I found most hillarious was the scene with the little Nazi-child when they were in Berlin.

Also, I bought a Frommer's last summer when I was in the US just to be able to say: "Oh, here's another fun fact - You made out with your sister". Excellent movie, Old School, Animal House, Road Trip were good but I agree that Harold & Kumar is my favorite of the bunch (awaiting part 2).

14. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Great movie. Speaking of eastern Europe, Hostel was entertaining as well.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Great movie. Speaking of eastern Europe, Hostel was entertaining as well.

Hostel sucked and its premise was completely unbelievable (for a movie that took itself seriously, not a comedy). It's called cell phone towers: you can use them to track cell phones and if calls were made from a certain vicinity.

You want a great school film? P.C.U.

[​IMG]

Jon.