• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eurotrip (8 days)

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need your help!

I'm going to be flying into Paris and was looking forward to have a trip for 8 days that was more focused on country side B&B's, possible wineries, mixing with local culture etc. Does anybody have ideas of what I could do, or perhaps have past itineraries they could share?

I'm looking at Google maps right now and am thinking of a possible

Paris - Belgium - Netherlands

Not sure whether my timeline is good for these 3 countries or whether I should focus more or which cities to go in those places.

Will either Eurostar/Cartrip - again not sure which is the best, everything is at the planning stage.

Would appreciate all your input!

M.D.

Reaction score
If you plan to visit wineries and countryside B&B, it would be better to go south once you arrive in Paris. The region of Bordeaux, the Loire and in Italy Piemonte & Tuscany are great. However, if you go north you could pass by l'Alsace (which is actually more NEE of Paris) to do the wineries. Countryside is OK in Northern France and South-Belgium (Walloon). If you still choose to go North I suggest Paris - Reims (champagne) - Alsace(wine) - Luxembourg (country) - Maastricht - Amsterdam - Den Haag - Antwerp (absolutely fabulous great city, don't skip that
smile.gif
) - Brussels - Ghent - Lille- Paris

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Club Wandersexxx and get the free t-shirt.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by M.D.
If you plan to visit wineries and countryside B&B, it would be better to go south once you arrive in Paris. The region of Bordeaux, the Loire and in Italy Piemonte & Tuscany are great. However, if you go north you could pass by l'Alsace (which is actually more NEE of Paris) to do the wineries. Countryside is OK in Northern France and South-Belgium (Walloon). If you still choose to go North I suggest Paris - Reims (champagne) - Alsace(wine) - Luxembourg (country) - Maastricht - Amsterdam - Den Haag - Antwerp (absolutely fabulous great city, don't skip that
smile.gif
) - Brussels - Ghent - Lille- Paris

Thanks MD, they both sound like promising itineraries.

As it will be my first time really trekking around town alone, rather than with family in a major shopping area like Paris, how friendly would you say the southbound tour is. I'm assuming that this would only be doable by car?

The northbound trip seems quite busy - would this be doable on a 8 day schedule? I'm guessing some of the places may be less than a day trips?

M.D.

Reaction score
You're right. The southbound trip is only doable by car. I did a roadtrip in the north of italy last year, and I especially enjoyed driving aimlessly throught the vineyards and discovering small azienda agricola. In these small wineries, the owner himselfs takes the time to explain all his wines, has an elaborate tasting with you and it's in all a more personal approach.
The north route is indeed a bit busy, but well, you want to see Paris & the Benelux in eigth days, that's quite ambitious. It makes me think of a story where a bus of tourists in Firenze who were standing on the Ponte Vecchio were asking themselves in which city they were. One of them answered, it's tuesday, this must be Florence....
You can of course skip some cities or visit two cities in a day. Luxembourg & Maastricht can be done in a day, same as Antwerp & Brussels, Ghent & Lille.
Have fun on your trip!

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, thanks so much for the advice!

Will definitely explore both possibilities. WOuld me and my friends limited french hamper the southbound trip?

M.D.

Reaction score
To be honest, yes it would
smile.gif
In France and even more so in Italy, they only speak French resp. Italian. However, use your imagination, grab a pocketdictionary, use handgestures, be spontaneous... After a few glasses of wine, it starts to come naturally
smile.gif
In Northern Belgium & the Netherlands, (almost) everybody speaks English.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads