1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Europe SIM card suggestions

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by bullrams, Jun 27, 2018.

1. bullrams

bullrams Senior Member

Looking for advise on SIM card to use for a AT&T (U.S.) unlocked iPhone in Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and Turkey for 2 weeks.

Want the data plan pretty much.

2. nootje

nootje Distinguished Member

Any big carrier will do, t-mobile or Vodafone sim only. Be sure to check wether the data is for roaming if you want to use it in all places.

We never had the Verizon other network tech shit, so that’s not a worry.

3. kasper007

kasper007 Senior Member

There's no roaming fees in Europe so you can get pre-paid Sim in Paris and use it for Belgium and the Netherlands (see here for a good overview on French pre-paid SIM). You'll have to get a new SIM in Turkey.

If you are on an unlimited plan, you can also just pay $10 a day and keep your unlimited plan. I use to always get pre-paid sim when I travel, but with this, I just don't feel it's worth the time / effort so I just pay AT&T the $10 / day and never have to worry about going over with data, missing texts / calls, etc.

4. bullrams

bullrams Senior Member

Won't Orange work?

Got it, thanks! Will look into it.

5. nootje

Orange would work fine as well, uses the t-mobile network in my country.

And indeed, roaming fees have been banned. So any network would do within the EU.

Be aware that Turkey is not part of the EU, so you might want to buy a separate prepaid card for there..

6. bullrams

bullrams Senior Member

Any suggestions for Turkey for 3 nights?

7. nootje

I could stay in Constantinople, errr Istanbul for a month
    That’s provided you have a love for history...

As for calls, Lebara is the provider that caters to the Turks that live in Europe and at home.. their prepaid should be fine..

8. bullrams

bullrams Senior Member

Lebara it is! Thanks!

Yes, have been hearing a lot about Istanbul already -- am a foodie, you know the greasy, carby, good, street-side types, so looking forward to all of that good stuff!

Not so much for history, its all fake anyways!

Just enjoy the people, culture, a new surrounding!

9. bullrams

bullrams Senior Member

Closing the loop a tad late but nonetheless, Orange and Lebara worked great! Thank you for the feedback.