euro/$

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ernest, Mar 24, 2005.

1. ernest

ernest Senior member

So 4% down

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

About damn time.

Jon.

3. ernest

ernest Senior member

?????,

4. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Remember Euro only worth $.86 US few years back?

5. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

i just hope it hits even by september.....would be nice so i can get a deal in paris

6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Well-Known Member

Why do you think that? US trade balance is stille negative and growing (the wrong direction ie [​IMG] )

7. thelakes

thelakes Active Member

The euro has been falling this week. Partially due to the hedge funds getting back into dollars to pay back there loans.

8. Horace

Horace Senior member

The pity of it all was I remember how strong the dollar was a year or two before the Euro shift. I think a lot of those people who the media said were paranoid, were actually correct. There seemed to be all these shifts (subtle and less subtle) in pricing when the French went from the Franc to the Euro. Almost brings tears to my eyes to think of that small window before the shift, when the dollar was still strong, and Paris was affordable. (at least for me -- and I spent a good chuck of time there over a years period -- not shopping but eating and drinking and reading and talking).

9. ernest

ernest Senior member

(ernest @ Mar. 24 2005,06:45) So 4% down
    Why do you think that? US trade balance is stille negative and growing (the wrong direction ie [​IMG] )
    Look at the price today...

10. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

11. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

(nightowl6261a @ Mar. 24 2005,13:45) i just hope it hits even by september.....would be nice so i can get a deal in paris
    The pity of it all was I remember how strong the dollar was a year or two before the Euro shift. Â I think a lot of those people who the media said were paranoid, were actually correct. Â There seemed to be all these shifts (subtle and less subtle) in pricing when the French went from the Franc to the Euro. Â Almost brings tears to my eyes to think of that small window before the shift, when the dollar was still strong, and Paris was affordable. Â (at least for me -- and I spent a good chuck of time there over a years period -- not shopping but eating and drinking and reading and talking).
    I too remeber the good days, the August of the first year of the Euro I was in Paris, and we were trading out at .87 to the Euro, it was good times, but the funny thing was the prices went up and the Franc was still the better trade way when they did both for a short period of time.