• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Euro-sized wheeled carryon luggage

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations? I'd like something lightweight, reasonably stylish, and that will age respectably. So leather trim in stress parts would be a bonus, but not in the boring Hartmann way. But I'm open to interesting all-nylon designs like this one, say: http://www.flight001.com/hideo-feath...-trolley.html# I don't want to spend much -- possibly below $500, though I'm prepared to spend a bit more if I really like something. Thanks.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
Any recommendations? I'd like something lightweight, reasonably stylish, and that will age respectably. So leather trim in stress parts would be a bonus, but not in the boring Hartmann way. But I'm open to interesting all-nylon designs like this one, say: http://www.flight001.com/hideo-feath...-trolley.html#

I don't want to spend much -- possibly below $500, though I'm prepared to spend a bit more if I really like something.

Thanks.

Rimowa?

Zero Halliburton?

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Rimowa but I need something with a large external pocket, so I can take out my laptop easily at security. Many European airlines don't allow two pieces of hand luggage.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I have to say that the B&R looks rather boring, and the Rimowa neither fish nor fowl. Sorry to be so impossible.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has form and function, but yes, not a lot of sex appeal. But, I've been happy with mine for 11 years with several of those being 100K-150K milage years.

If you want sexy, you will need to pay a lot more and there will be trade offs. Rimowa is cool but a soft sided B&R bag is far more functional inside in my opinion.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Fair enough. Still, no leads on some sort of interesting Scandinavian or Japanese design?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a Japanese one. http://www.sellts.com/briefing/redline/travel.html The T-1. not sure of the sizing, my catalog says 340x510x190 and its 78,000 Yen, so yeah, its pricy but its japanese designed and pretty nice aesthetically, they sell at Fred Segal in LA on Melrose in the TRAVEL store (forget what its called exactly. more pics: http://samwoodtokyo.net/?pid=6133441 might be a bit big from the photos...not sure though.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
Rimowa IATA Salsa Deluxe Hybrid?

http://www.bergmanluggage.com/risadehycatr.html

Wow, this one is awesome. A bit heavy though for a carry on. I'm seriously thinking of kopping this, despite the price. How are the polycarbonates, generally?

Could one get away with a 26" for a two week trip to Europe, or would a 29" be better? Obviously with a smaller bag, you're forced to pack light. And on a multi-country trip, not sure if there is a difference lugging one size v. the other.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been leery of getting polycarbonate because I've seen a few reports online of them cracking. Not sure if this is true though.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
I've been leery of getting polycarbonate because I've seen a few reports online of them cracking. Not sure if this is true though.

That and hard sided luggage has it's limitations when you have to jam pack the very last few items in your case coming home......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads