• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Euro Looking Scooters

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I have a Metro. Would be great if it were faster but then I'd need a bigger engine = motorcycle endorsement, registration, insurance required. If you need to do those anyway in your state I'd get something bigger.

The ones with the bigger wheels usually won't fit a helmet under the seat. Keep that in mind. And vespas are STUPID expensive.

Can you fit a chick on the back?

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 up on the metro?

LOL I have.. she's < 100lb and we'll go around town at 25mph. It's unstable, wasn't designed for it. By myself I can work up to 38mph but wind and hills kill my speed.

I'd buy the Vino 125. Good price. It'll do 55+ solo. Plenty fast around town and will handle a passenger. Probably more reliable than the Chinese and you'll have no problem with parts/service. 10" wheels are a bit sucky with potholes and bumps but I think the big wheels eat up too much underseat cargo. That's where you should store your helmet.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have hit nearly 70mph on my Vento. I blew the fuckin doors off some Vespas I was riding with on the highway.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
The Stella Scooters are also really nice.
greenstella.jpg
http://www.genuinescooters.com/

Nice, I like them. $3500 isn't too bad.
blue_stella.jpg
I like that a lot. Looks large enough for 2 people as well. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/617360970.html read this and it says something about 2 strokes (don't know what this means exactly) are impossible to get in Californai?

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How fast can these crank up to? Looks like the lazy cyclist's alternative to touring.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Nice, I like them. $3500 isn't too bad.

blue_stella.jpg

I like that a lot. Looks large enough for 2 people as well.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/617360970.html read this and it says something about 2 strokes (don't know what this means exactly) are impossible to get in Californai?

Stella looks sweet.

I thought you were an engineer? I'm guessing your CA environmentalists have banned the 2 stroke. 2 strokes have more power for the size but are loud and dirty. Think lawnmower.

And the guy is right about oil changes. The oil is mixed with the fuel and the fuel/oil mixture is combusted. So you just have to refill the burnt up oil, not change it.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stella looks sweet.

I thought you were an engineer? I'm guessing your CA environmentalists have banned the 2 stroke. 2 strokes have more power for the size but are loud and dirty. Think lawnmower.

I am a computer engineer, I know almost nothing about cars, etc, sad but true. I can tweak my PC to download pr0n faster, that is about it.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's max speed right?

Originally Posted by m@T
Ive had my Vespa over 100 kmh

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I'd probably get a 4 stroke. Cleaner, quieter, more reliable, durable.

2 stroke will have better power/weight though.

Yeah I just emailed a guy about the Bajaj Chatek scooters. The Stella's look awesome, I'd have to see it in person to gauge just how loud it is.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
That's max speed right?

100kmh ~ 60mph. IIRC, modern scooters can go up to 160-180kmh.

m@t, newer Vespas are trendy among the younger Vietnamese crowd, no? IIRC, it was X9, Honda @, Spacy et al a few years back.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Stellas are made in India. They're manufactured by one of the biggest scooter factories there - and the one that used to hold the license to produce Piaggio bikes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_(scooter)

There's a shop here in Brooklyn that carries them, and they're very popular. They've got that classic Vespa look and 2-stroke sound. From what I know, they're pretty reliable. Compared to the new Vespas, the Stella is a great value and looks a lot more distinctive. If I was in the market for a new scooter, I'd definitely pick one up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads