• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EURO 2008 Qualifications

WN2

Reaction score
Poland-Finland 1-3.

One of the best days in a long time. Jari "The King" Litmanen is still one of Europe's finest when he's not injured.

Ave Roy!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WN2
Poland-Finland 1-3.

One of the best days in a long time. Jari "The King" Litmanen is still one of Europe's finest when he's not injured.

Ave Roy!

Good gawds, I had no idea Litmanen was still playing. Wow. How old is he now? Where does he play his club football?

b

WN2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Good gawds, I had no idea Litmanen was still playing. Wow. How old is he now? Where does he play his club football?

b

35 years. He plays for Malmö FF in Sweden, and from what I hear he has been outstanding when he has been playing. Of course, with Litmanen that's quite rare, he's been mostly injured for the last 5 years or so..

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard Sami Hypia is also quite a big star in Finlad, almost as big as Mika Hakkinen.

My early perdiction for Euro 2008? Spain, has always been and has always be. They are just bursting with youthful dynamism.

WN2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
I heard Sami Hypia is also quite a big star in Finlad, almost as big as Mika Hakkinen.

I wish, but not really. Finland has very little football culture, it's mostly ice hockey and Formula 1. And those only when Finns are winning. Hyypiä is well-known, but football is not that popular overall over here.

The Spanish have good players, but they just can't make it in the big tournaments.

gmac

Reaction score
Scotland 6 - 0 Faroe Islands

I know, the Faroe Islands, but Italy only drew at home with Lithuania in the same group.

Litmanen always relied on being smart rather than fast - delighted to see him bag a couple.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macedonia 1 - Estonia 0 Napred Nashi!!!

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
France vs Italy on wedsneday.
francepf4.gif

!luc

manicturncoat

Reaction score
Going to the France vs. Italy match tonight, 70,000 people expected, it should be a cauldron.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
England v. Macedonia today.
6_15_4.gif

England's had trouble with Macedonia in the past (2-2 draw and 2-1 win last two times they played), so I think Macedonia's going to edge this one out now that they have excellent coaching.

gmac

Reaction score
can't see macedonia getting anything from England - they are playing well right now after a horrible world cup and have a new coach and captain who seem to have shaken things up.

Too much quality for macedonia I would say. I hope I'm wrong.

Scotland and Lithuania nil-nil at half time. Go on boys!!!

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
France leads 2-1 at half time.

gmac

Reaction score
Scotland won 2-1 in Lithuania and lead the group with France.

France travel to Glasgow on October 7.

Italians have started poorly with (it looks like) only 1 point from a possible 6 against Lithuania and France with difficult ganmes against Ukraine and Georgia to come.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads