• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EURO 2008 Qualifications

WN2

Reaction score
Poland-Finland 1-3.

One of the best days in a long time. Jari "The King" Litmanen is still one of Europe's finest when he's not injured.

Ave Roy!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WN2
Poland-Finland 1-3.

One of the best days in a long time. Jari "The King" Litmanen is still one of Europe's finest when he's not injured.

Ave Roy!

Good gawds, I had no idea Litmanen was still playing. Wow. How old is he now? Where does he play his club football?

b

WN2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Good gawds, I had no idea Litmanen was still playing. Wow. How old is he now? Where does he play his club football?

b

35 years. He plays for Malmö FF in Sweden, and from what I hear he has been outstanding when he has been playing. Of course, with Litmanen that's quite rare, he's been mostly injured for the last 5 years or so..

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard Sami Hypia is also quite a big star in Finlad, almost as big as Mika Hakkinen.

My early perdiction for Euro 2008? Spain, has always been and has always be. They are just bursting with youthful dynamism.

WN2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
I heard Sami Hypia is also quite a big star in Finlad, almost as big as Mika Hakkinen.

I wish, but not really. Finland has very little football culture, it's mostly ice hockey and Formula 1. And those only when Finns are winning. Hyypiä is well-known, but football is not that popular overall over here.

The Spanish have good players, but they just can't make it in the big tournaments.

gmac

Reaction score
Scotland 6 - 0 Faroe Islands

I know, the Faroe Islands, but Italy only drew at home with Lithuania in the same group.

Litmanen always relied on being smart rather than fast - delighted to see him bag a couple.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macedonia 1 - Estonia 0 Napred Nashi!!!

manicturncoat

Reaction score
Going to the France vs. Italy match tonight, 70,000 people expected, it should be a cauldron.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
England v. Macedonia today.

England's had trouble with Macedonia in the past (2-2 draw and 2-1 win last two times they played), so I think Macedonia's going to edge this one out now that they have excellent coaching.

gmac

Reaction score
can't see macedonia getting anything from England - they are playing well right now after a horrible world cup and have a new coach and captain who seem to have shaken things up.

Too much quality for macedonia I would say. I hope I'm wrong.

Scotland and Lithuania nil-nil at half time. Go on boys!!!

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
France leads 2-1 at half time.

gmac

Reaction score
Scotland won 2-1 in Lithuania and lead the group with France.

France travel to Glasgow on October 7.

Italians have started poorly with (it looks like) only 1 point from a possible 6 against Lithuania and France with difficult ganmes against Ukraine and Georgia to come.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 134 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 251 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 120 15.6%
  • 31 - 40