1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

EURO 2008 Qualifications

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by WN2, Sep 2, 2006.

1. WN2

WN2 Senior member

Poland-Finland 1-3.

One of the best days in a long time. Jari "The King" Litmanen is still one of Europe's finest when he's not injured.

Ave Roy!

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Poland-Finland 1-3.

One of the best days in a long time. Jari "The King" Litmanen is still one of Europe's finest when he's not injured.

Ave Roy!

Good gawds, I had no idea Litmanen was still playing. Wow. How old is he now? Where does he play his club football?

b

3. WN2

WN2 Senior member

Good gawds, I had no idea Litmanen was still playing. Wow. How old is he now? Where does he play his club football?

b

35 years. He plays for Malmö FF in Sweden, and from what I hear he has been outstanding when he has been playing. Of course, with Litmanen that's quite rare, he's been mostly injured for the last 5 years or so..

4. Flame

Flame Senior member

I heard Sami Hypia is also quite a big star in Finlad, almost as big as Mika Hakkinen.

My early perdiction for Euro 2008? Spain, has always been and has always be. They are just bursting with youthful dynamism.

5. WN2

WN2 Senior member

I heard Sami Hypia is also quite a big star in Finlad, almost as big as Mika Hakkinen.

I wish, but not really. Finland has very little football culture, it's mostly ice hockey and Formula 1. And those only when Finns are winning. Hyypiä is well-known, but football is not that popular overall over here.

The Spanish have good players, but they just can't make it in the big tournaments.

6. gmac

gmac Senior member

Scotland 6 - 0 Faroe Islands

I know, the Faroe Islands, but Italy only drew at home with Lithuania in the same group.

Litmanen always relied on being smart rather than fast - delighted to see him bag a couple.

7. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Macedonia 1 - Estonia 0 Napred Nashi!!!

8. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

France vs Italy on wedsneday.
    [​IMG]

!luc

9. manicturncoat

manicturncoat Well-Known Member

Going to the France vs. Italy match tonight, 70,000 people expected, it should be a cauldron.

10. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

England v. Macedonia today.
    [​IMG]

England's had trouble with Macedonia in the past (2-2 draw and 2-1 win last two times they played), so I think Macedonia's going to edge this one out now that they have excellent coaching.

11. gmac

gmac Senior member

can't see macedonia getting anything from England - they are playing well right now after a horrible world cup and have a new coach and captain who seem to have shaken things up.

Too much quality for macedonia I would say. I hope I'm wrong.

Scotland and Lithuania nil-nil at half time. Go on boys!!!

12. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

France leads 2-1 at half time.

13. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

14. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

15. gmac

gmac Senior member

Scotland won 2-1 in Lithuania and lead the group with France.

France travel to Glasgow on October 7.

Italians have started poorly with (it looks like) only 1 point from a possible 6 against Lithuania and France with difficult ganmes against Ukraine and Georgia to come.

16. benecios

benecios Senior member

San Marino 0 Germany 11.San Marino have got 18 minutes to turn it round,I think they might just do it![​IMG]
    Seriously though the likes of San Marino,Faroes,Andorra,Malta etc...should have to pre-qualify in my opinion.Losing 11-0 is no good to anyone.
    P.S. No disrespect intended to any nationals of these countries.

17. gmac

gmac Senior member

San Marino 0 Germany 11.San Marino have got 18 minutes to turn it round,I think they might just do it![​IMG]
    Seriously though the likes of San Marino,Faroes,Andorra,Malta etc...should have to pre-qualify in my opinion.Losing 11-0 is no good to anyone.

Finished 13-0 with podolski getting 5.

The minnows should have to pre-qualify for the full qualifying competition.

18. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

Northern Ireland 3 Spain 2

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

"We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland"

I want to have David Healy's babies, and I'm not even female.

We got beaten 0:3 by Iceland a few days ago [​IMG] what does that make Spain? Tescos?

Northern Ireland are also considered "minnows", we have just beaten Spain, and we beat England last year.

We are also reigning British Home Champions (fair enough, in the same way that powerhouse of World Rugby, the USA are reigning Olympic Champions, but hey, they all count!)

19. gmac

gmac Senior member

Northern Ireland are also considered "minnows", we have just beaten Spain, and we beat England last year.

We are also reigning British Home Champions (fair enough, in the same way that powerhouse of World Rugby, the USA are reigning Olympic Champions, but hey, they all count!)

I wouldn't count N Ireland as minnows, certainly not compared to the likes of Andorra and San Marino. They were playing in the 2nd round of the World Cup finals 20 years ago.

20. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Haha, who says soccer matches have low scores?