1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(EU 46) Castellani Milano Handmade Bespoke Double Breasted Coat

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by bboowwyy, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bboowwyy

bboowwyy Senior member

Castellani SRL is a high end menswear store in Milan. They stock such brands is Kiton, Brioni & Castangia.
    Here is there website - http://www.castellani.it/it/ , & Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/castellaniabbigliamento/home?ref=page_internal

I am selling a beautiful double breasted overcoat, handmade especially for Castellani Milano. When i say handmade, i mean completely handmade. I'm going over it now, & cannot see one instance where machine stitching is visible. This is easily the nicest jacket i have ever had the privilege of handling, & i've had in my closet items from some of the worlds finest menswear tailors.
    There are no tags on the coat, so i can only guess the fabric, but i would guess it is either cashmere or alpaca. Whatever it may be, it has an incredible softness to it.

The colour is a dark charcoal.
    The first two cuff buttons are working.
    The coat has a single vent.

Sadly, the coat is too small for me. I would say it would be best for an EU 46. The fit pics are of me. I'm currently an EU 50 & can only just squeeze into it (thus i'm showing the side on view in the photos).

There are 5 main parts where the material has worn through. There are 3 on the right arm (2 are near where the inner elbow is, the other in the back of the upper arm), 1 on the back of the left arm near the shoulder & the other is on the right pocket flap. These have been stitched over.
    The stitching Inside the right underarm lining has come apart.

Measurements

(taken buttoned & laying flat)
    Chest across front (end to end) - 21.5"
    Shoulders across back (seam to seam) - 17.25"
    Sleeve length (shoulder seam to hem) - 23.75"
    Length (from back of collar) - 40.5"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]