• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ET's Hidden Camera Exposé: Ugly Vanessa - Turn on Your TV

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here is the flaw in the premise:
"....No matter what the package I come in looks like, I'm still the same Vanessa."

ATM

Reaction score
I can't believe they're calling it "ground-breaking". This has been done before.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she looks a little like Jiminy Glick

280_vminillo_3shot_uglyvan_061107_et.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ATM
I can't believe they're calling it "ground-breaking". This has been done before.

shalgp2a.jpg

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock or somebody else who went undercover as a white dude in an old SNL episode?

ATM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Was it Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock or somebody else who went undercover as a white dude in an old SNL episode?
Eddie.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ATM

Some of it is hype, including last night's episode with a segment that essentially was but a preview (sorry). However, the previous Vanessa Minnillo special had her as an extremely overweight woman, like Tyra Banks in her own special, and "Ugly Willa" in the recent EXTRA exposÃ
00a9.png
was more geeky than homely. Whether or not non-verbal reactions to "Ugly Vanessa" are really reactions to her or merely perceived as such, it should be a rare look into how unattractive people sense they are treated. A show ought to do a similar segment on unattractive men.

ATM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
A show ought to do a similar segment on unattractive men.
Already been done but don't remember the show. For one test, they sent two men with equivalent resumes but divergent looks to interview for the same job. Results were predictable.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
shalgp2a.jpg

If Gwyneth had her existing figure, but dressed, groomed and carried herself the way she did in that movie, she'd be only marginally more "attractive" than she was in that movie.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a joke of a "series"

The results of such a "test" is so predictable, ET might as well aim a camera at the sky every morning to try to prove that the sun rises from the east.

I always find it interesting that it's the attractive people who makes comments such as
-beauty is only skin deep
-it's what's inside that matters
-"I'm still the same Vanessa"

I don't hear ugly people say such things, nor do I hear poor folks say money is not important.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gosh golly. It's so easy to go around making comments like she did about how things are more difficult if you are less attractive. I didn't bother watching it, the results of their "study" I'm sure are quite predictable. Afterall, what does she have to worry about if people snub her, or treat her like crap? At the end of each day after she takes off the fat suit and ugly clothes, she's still a wealthy hottie dating/engaged to some guy who, wow... is also wealthy, and a hottie. Guess looks really do matter! Honestly, how can these reporters do this with a straight face? Acting lessons? Lack of shame? Anything in the pursuit of fame, and the all-mighty buck. Gag.

Reminds me of those shameless publicity stunts that celebs or news anchors do... spending a night on the street with the homeless to see how tough it is, when you know bloody well that the next day s/he's soaking in their hot tub, scrubbing off the dirt, sipping chardonnay and going on about how smelly some of the people were to their significant other.

Fact of the day: in general, all other personal aspects held constant, people will treat you better if you're more attractive.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque

oh, i thought you meant this:

shot1_large.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads